Tuesday, 1 May 2012
M is for Music - Peter Gabriel
This the last in the "M is for Music" series of posts that have featured some of the bands and artistis I have seen live and I have left the best to last. Back in the distant past I managed to get tickets to see Peter Gabriel at the NEC in Birmingham. It was best concert I have seen so far.
For those that don't know Peter Gabriel was the lead singer of the band Genesis until he left the band and embarked on a solo career, after upsetting the band when he stayed with his sick daughter and wife, rather than record and tour with the band. Given the direction of the band was going that wasn't really going where he seemed to want it to go, it was probably a good time for him to leave. He went on to develop himself as an artist and activist supporting third world counties, music and causes. It all paid off and he got a deserved loyal following and fan base as well as achieving a number of hits in the charts. Live he is excellent.
The show I saw was full of energy and the stage show and the music were excellent. The whole audience got behind the whole thing and it had that buzz at the end that makes you know you have seen something really special. The concert was a mix of old and new and so well put together. He is the one artist I would recommend anyone to see.
Posted by
Roy
No comments:
Post a Comment