Tuesday, 3 July 2012

Olympic Flame

The Olympic Flame passed through the village on its journey from Leicester to Peterborough, so I popped out to see what all the fuss was about. After all it is probably a once in a lifetime event. There was a good crowd to see it pass by, including all the children from the village school as well as the those at the High School further down the route, including Emily and Catherine.









Before Olympic Flame arrived there was more policemen, especially on motorbikes than you see in Rutland in a year, then came the CokeCola float, followed by the Samsung float and the LloydsTSB bus. After a long wait the flame appeared with it's backup vehicles and then it was all over. To be frankly honest I thought they could have made more of the procession after the flame had pasted. Maybe the vintage cars, with their flags of the nations, that had travelled through the village an hour earlier could have been added to the precession at the end or something. It just need something to make it special but it was worth seeing I guess.

No comments: