Saturday, 14 July 2012
Tesco's Cat
For updated news please check out the link below
I'm pleased to say that she is well and resting
Anyone that has shopped in Tesco's supermarket in Oakham will have come across the Tesco's cat sleeping in the sun, maybe just walking around outside or being fussed and fed by some of the customers. Many people think the cat is homeless but the truth is that it has a home but prefers the company and the treats it gets around the supermarket. Everyone I knew loved the cat.
If you have been at the supermarket recently you can't have failed to notice her absence from her useal sleeping spots in the sunshine. Today I ask about the cat and was told the sad news that it had to be put down. It would appear it had a growth that that turned green and she was taken away never to be seen again.
I know a lot of people will be saddened by this news. Many people in the area have made friends with the cat, stroked her and fed her over the years. The cat really did make shopping more human and brought a smile to lots of shoppers. I hope all that met the cat have happy memories of her, like I do myself.
Posted by
Roy
Labels:
Oakham