Sunday, 8 July 2012
One Man and his Car
When you see a nice car sitting in the car park, like this BMW 2.8 litre Z3, you wonder what you might do with such a beautiful car. Clearly a car like this is meant to be driven and not just looked at even if it has a beauty all of it's own. It has to be one of the classic sports cars of its time.
Of course there is the poor mans option if you can't stretch the budget to BMW Z3, you can pick up second hand MG F Mark II or the earlier Mark I for next to nothing for a sports car and there are some fine examples out there to be had. Yes, they suffer from the same engine problems as all the K series engined cars but once fitted with the Lotus head gasket and they should provide miles and miles of enjoyable driving at a fraction of the running costs of the BMW.
My day dream is to take one of these beauties touring through the British Countryside and enjoying the all it has to offer. If you like one man and his car camping along the way to enjoy the fresh air and the feeling of being at one with the world. I can just see myself cursing around in one of these lovely cars with the roof down on a summers day.
There nothing quite like waking up unzipping a tent and making a brew as you take stick of the day to come . I can just imagine stopping of lunch and spending the day just going where I want and being free to do what I want in one of the most beautiful counties in the world. There is so much to see and photograph and I would just like to go to the places I have never been to.
Okay, it might not be the most environmentally friendly ways to have a holiday but it would be lots of fun, and we all need fun in our lives from time to time. Thankfully we are all allowed to day dream and if I ever have the money this is one I would love to come true.
Posted by
Roy
Labels:
Thoughts


1 comment:
Looks Nice!
Post a Comment