Wednesday, 23 February 2011
Artist of the Week - Emmett Tinley
A bit later than usual this week, welcome to this weeks Artist of the Week the slot. This week it is the turn of an Artist that has appeared on the blog in an earlier post. That artist is Emmett Tinley.
If you remember from the previous I discovered the music of Emmett Tinley when I discovered him through Colin Devlin. Emmett had given Colin some slots at one of his concerts and I thought if he rates Colin he can't be bad himself and listened to his work. Since the his music has grown on me.
Emmett is was born Chicago, but was raised in Ireland, and is often refereed to as a Irish Singer song writer because of where he grew up. In fact he more of an international artist having travelled extensively and lived in a number of places, including Amsterdam, Dublin and Arhus and so culturally his influences are varied. He acknowledges this himself and has said that some the cites that have shaped his song writing most include Paris, New York and Copenhagen. He was one of the founding members of the critically acclaimed band The Pray Boat before lunching his solo career after eleven years with the band with the release of his first album, Attic Faith. Attic Faith has received excellent reviews and his music was described as 'beautifully crafted', 'truly sublime' and 'like hot chocolate on a winter's day.
Although I would listen his music in the later part of the day it will fit when I doing most of my driving this week. I hope you manage to find some time in the evening to listen to his music when the hustle and bustle of the day is done and you can relax and enjoy his lovely voice. Lets hope that Attic Faith is not his only solo album and they many more to come from this talented artist.
Posted by
Roy
Labels:
Artist of the Week,
Music,
Video
No comments:
Post a Comment