Saturday, 19 February 2011
Wet Saturday
It would have been great it had not been raining and we had some of the lovely weather we have had odd glimpses of over the last week, but it wasn't to be, it rained nearly all day. It was the last thing I wanted but you just have to get on with things and make the most of it.
Lucy was first to wake up and I heard her calling from her bedroom. I went in to be greeted by a lovely smile as she gathered her juice bottle and soft toys and headed with me downstairs into the living room. Soon we were snuggled in chair together and watching CBeebies on the television, while we both woke up.
With no immediate sign of Catherine getting up we had breakfast without her at the table, before Lucy headed in to the family room to play with her toys. At one point she was playing shops with George and you could hear asking him what he wanted to buy. He brought all kinds of strange things for a dog. This and her other games went on for a while until Catherine finally got up and joined her in the family room with a bowl of cereal in her hand.
It wasn't long before they both decided that it would be nice to come and play around me in the living room again before settling down together to watch some television while they laid on the carpet. Eventually Emily surfaced from her bed. She really is a the practicing teenager. It is a strange age that Emily is at. Sometimes she seems so grown up and then at other times you can see she still has a long way to go. All the same is turning out to be a lovely person.
Just as I was making lunch Charlie popped in to see Emily. Lucy really loves Charlie and was delighted to see her and she went off with the rest of them into the family room to play while I got on with the cooking. All I could hear was the excited voices of children laughing and playing.
After lunch we headed out to Ashwell with Emily, Catherine, Lucy and Charlie to drop Emily off at her friends for a sleep over before heading into Oakham to do some shopping. Catherine, Lucy and Charlie had a supper time in the shops. They went off down all the aisles together looking at the things to buy and just generally having fun. At one point I lost them but I heard them giggling in one of the nearby aisles so I knew they were safe. After we finished shopping we dropped Charlie back off at her house before we went home to wait for Catherine's friend to call round.
While I put the shopping away Catherine played with Lucy on the living room floor. The started out playing shops and moved on to some board games before sitting down together to watch a little bit of television until Catherine's friend arrived to take Catherine to a sleep over at her house. As soon Lucy saw Cassandra she went predictably shy and hid behind me, peeking out from time to time to see what was going on.
With Catherine gone there was just me and Lucy in the house to tomorrow afternoon. We had a grand time playing until dinner time and when it came to making dinner Lucy did what she could to help, but to keep her out of the way while things heated up I put Wallace and Gromitt on the computer that was on the dinning room table. She loved it and she was soon enthralled by the two characters and their adventures on the moon.
After dinner she wanted to watch some more of the episodes on the DVD and soon she was equally taken by the story of the mechanical trousers and the penguin thief. I think she is turning in to a real Wallace and Gromitt fan. She loves them and before her bath watched them go to the moon again.
With her bath out of the way, hair washed and teeth cleaned she was more than ready to go to bed. She even got her own night dress on after I dried her off and got in bed and snuggled herself down. She was more than happy just have the one story while she drank her juice and after her kisses and cuddles from everyone she fell sound asleep.
It was lovely have them altogether in the morning and equally lovely have some special time with Lucy on my own in the afternoon. I hope that Emily and Catherine have a grand time at their sleep overs and I can't wait to hear all about it when they get home tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment