Monday, 21 February 2011

The Morning After

It was three o'clcok in the morning when Lucy's cough had quietened down to something I felt happy with. Although she fell  asleep soon after she was sick the second time I didn't want to be sleeping myself until I knew she was alright. I didn't like her the idea of her being sick and me not being instantly there for her, or her being sick while she was asleep and me not knowing about it. I sat downstairs so I could hear her and quietly played The Sims on one of the old computers.


As you can imagine having not got to sleep late herself, Lucy didn't rise to late and for that I was thankful because at least it gave me a few extra hours sleep too. When she woke her cough sounded better than it had been overnight. It was like it had peeked and she was doing well coping with it. I check her temperature and she was fine and she seemed in good sprits and full of energy. It just seemed to be annoying her more than anything. 

The first thing she asked for was her breakfast which I was think is a good sign. I know with Emily and Catherine when they are ill the last thing they want first thing is food. Lucy, however was clearly hungry and finished all her breakfast while I got on with putting on the first of two loads of washing I had to do after the events of the night.

When I sat down eventually with a coffee we both started playing shops together. Thankfully her cough sounded a lot better than it did in the night and she had stopped feeling sick. We had a grand time and by the time Emily and Catherine got up she was zooming around on her tricycle like nothing had ever happened. You would have never know accept for the occasional cough and the sound of the washing machine washing all the dirty bedclothes that anything was wrong with her.


The girls played until lunch and I finished off all the washing got it dried and cooked a hot meal for them all. It was all rather a rush. Lucy was going back to her mummies at one and Emily and  Catherine were meeting these at just after two. I would have managed it but Lucy didn't want to go back to Oakham and she was crying under the table. Eventually we got her out and dressed in her clean clothes to go home in. The problem was she fell as she was going to the car and the clothes weren't clean any more. She cried and I gave her big hug until she stopped and we were on our way.

As always we chatted on the way and she was excited about coming tomorrow. It was how we got her out from under the table. As we got to her mummies house I told her to be a good girl for her mummy and she wanted a big hug and kiss before I left her. It was then we heard a dog bark from inside the house and when the door opened Kiz's sister was there with her little daughter and I guess her newly born son too. It was Sammie the dog who was by door that barked. Lucy just matched in to house as usual to handout her sweets as I explained about her knees. I wished I had some extra sweets for the other children but I wasn't expecting them to be there. I was hoping to see Kiz to tell her about her cough and arrange a time for tomorrow but that had to be done later by text, but it was nice to see her sister who looked well.

With Lucy gone all that remained to do was to take Emily and Catherine to there mum. It quite a contrast in drop off between the girls. I sat down with a coffee and talked to Abigail about the girls before I left, unlike the other drop off which in the past has had a door closed on me before I finish speaking. Thankfully that has stopped but it seems everything has to be done by text. Not really the way to bring up a child together.

Anyway, I can't wait to see Lucy tomorrow I have quite a lot planned for us to do together including some cooking and drawing as well as playing games. It has been along time since we have been alone together for the day. It's going to be great. I hope her cough doesn't keep her mummy up and she isn't sick again. Lets hope she is over the worse of it for tomorrow is going to be fun.

No comments: