Saturday, 3 September 2011

Dull and Boring

The shoulder is no better and the skeletal pain is almost unbearable without the pain killers. To added to that is the tiredness though the lack of sleep caused by not being able to find a sleeping position were the pain goes away. My mood is as dull and grey as the sky outside the window. This is far from the weekend I planned and even the brief glimpses of the sun couldn't life my mood.


As you will know from yesterdays post we were meant to have Lucy and for once I had the money to do both trips, so we could have her for the weekend. Not having her and the fall out that has caused is weighing on my mind. It's a time to reach out find common ground and talk, but how is that ever going to happen? I miss her, we all do and that is just a fact. I feel like this has got all out of hand and it is all crazy.

Thankfully for the girls they both managed to find other things to do. A surprise text saw Emily going off in the afternoon to Millie's which resulted in a trip to Rutland Water to go kayaking. By all acounts had a great time. When she came back she was full of stories about how they had to rescue Millie who while standing in water managed to get herself stuck in weeds on the waters bed. Catherine meanwhile settled down to do some lovely art work before heading out with George for a long walk around the village. She loves George and she has been taking him for walks since she got back. For me I spent the afternoon just laying down and listening to the radio. There not much else I could do, thankfully the Southend United game was on one of the local radio stations which provided a little entertainment for the day.

Dinner was a simple affair. Cooking not easy with what feels like a broken shoulder. All the same the girls ate all their food. What is a big bonus is they are both being most helpful when asked to do things and they keep checking if I'm all right. Emily has even been making me warm drinks. In the evening they spent there time watching and catching up with the television programmes that they watch. We are saving the X-factor when we get up in the morning, it still a family event. They finished off watching their programmes as bedtime came and they fell into the land of dreams.

The day hasn't been the greatest but they girls both said they had a good time. They might be being kind as it is hardly the weekend I had planned but I do appreciate them not complaining. As for me I can't help thinking back to what happened the day before, it still surprises me what someone thought. I don't know who advises them but they must have a odd view of what I'm like and how I think. 

2 comments:

Moira said...

Sorry you're not feeling too good but happy to read that George is having his walks as he likes nothing better.

Roy said...

Thanks you. The shoulder is still painful and there is no way of getting comfortable even with the aid of the pain killers, but on a positive note I do have more movement than yesterday which has to be a good thing. As for George he is having a lovely time walking round the village with the girls. When I'm better I planning to take him around the fields again during the day for something to do. We use to walk miles together and I know how much he likes exploring the smells.