Friday, 2 September 2011

Coming Weekend

To say I miss having all the people I care for is an understatement, but I just can't drive to Leicester to get Lucy. For once that is not a money issue. I have the money to get her and take her back, but I just can't drive that far safely with my bad shoulder which has got worse since early hours of yesterday morning to the point I had to get an emergency appointment Doctors yesterday. The pain had become unbearable and untreatable with normal pain killers and even with the ones the doctor gave me I'm still in lots of pain. I could probably look after her with the help of Emily and Catherine, but I just can't do the drive nor do much with her.


I feel so bad about this, if she was closer then I could get her somehow even if it meant going by taxi to pick her up. I feel I'm letting her down and I know her sisters miss her so much so I'm letting them down too. As it is, that isn't an option and with the lack of co operation and communication with her mummy there is no chance of sorting anything out like I have been doing with Emily and Catharine's mum because of her bad back. Things feel so bad between us that feel I can't even ask without the risk of getting my head bitten off and that is just sad. In fact that is what happened when I texted her, I was told I had spent to the money to get her, which I hadn't. If I asked for help I know the answer will be no. Everything seems governed by stupid rule.

What hurts is the lack of communication between me and her mummy is at best foolish. I just wish we could get it sorted. I don't have any bad feelings towards her. I have always wanted to be part of Lucy's life and now I find myself excluded. Thankfully the same can't be said for Emily and Catherine's mum, she is free to call them when ever she likes, we discuss things that affect the children and I involve her in there life as much as possible.

The next weekend I should have Lucy is in two weeks time, with the distance involved the weekday visits are history given the lack of cooperation. It is all right saying that my access would be unaffected but I have yet to see the real proof in reaching a compromise and although I appreciate the flexibility until I'm involved her life again I never going to be happy with the access I have. By the time I see her next it will be five weeks from her last visit here. I know in this case this can't be helped, but that is too long for such a small child and I worry about her everyday. I feel we are messing up a little girls head like countless adults before us with our stupid childish games rather than talking and being able openly discuss things. What is worse is I know where that will lead and what happens to children like this later in life.

It is stupid game that should never be played. Children are too important. Adults should talk like adults and despite the pain talk about there feelings and be open with each other to reach some kind of resolution. I think my feelings are clear, but maybe they are being misunderstood. Without clear communication lines the issues will never be talked about or resolved. I'm more than willing to talk. You can't control what happens in life but you can reach a happy medium. I know how I feel what is important, it's just nobody listens.

I feel deeply hurt by what happened today. It makes you wonder about what else has been said that might not be totally true. I miss Lucy and never had a child to be a part time parent. It is time to stop and talk. After all we both want what is best for Lucy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Agreed, but I don't think you should be feel bad. Seems you want to talk and sort it out.

Roy said...

I just feel bad about the whole thing. This is was the last thing I wanted for the girls and the move has just made everything worse. Now I'm being made to feel like it is my fault that I don't have the money to see Lucy. I know we should both be making sure that I see her but it still doesn't change how I feel or the fact I'm being made to feel that way.

For all I understand why this happened and causes I still feel I should have worked it out sooner and once we knew I should have done more to read up about it all. At the time I just thought the people that offered to help us would tell me all I needed to know but that never came to pass. I think I just took the blame for everything and became the cause of all the problems and that is why it ended where that isn't really the case, I was just partly to blame, there was something bigger working in the back ground unseen. Now it is too late to talk and despite offering and being more than willing to open an honest dialogue, the person I need to talk to isn't prepared to listen. I wish it was different, but it isn't and it not going to be that way for years I fear.

To be honest, all I wanted was a constructive and worth while relationship with someone I cared for more than anyone realised and a family that was united and worked together and felt happy with life in a beautiful part of the country. I failed and that makes me feel bad whatever the reason because I have lost that which I cherished most.

Richard said...

Sounds like this has broken your spirt as well as your dreams. Give it time.