Wednesday, 7 December 2011

Sleepless Nights

I have never been one to sleep for ten hours a niaght. That is just not me, but for years I have managed an average of seven hours of sleep. That changed a few years ago and now I have many a period of sleepless nights, and I have one of them now. There is just so much on my mind.


I;m not sure who really penned this poem but it somehow sums up the feeling of not sleeping and what you feel the next day.

Day Fades to Night

The darkness fades to shadow,
lights dim to black,
the world falls unconscious to the welcoming haze.
Yet here i lay eyes wide,
buttons at my finger tips,
for my mind consumed with thought,
refuses to surrender.
Hours slip away,
minutes miles before you,
until the shrill ringing forces you alert,
its time to face a new day.
Heavy eyes to guide you,
around on swollen feet,
the days merge together,
as you beg for a peaceful sleep.

Hopefully one day I will have day, upon day of restful sleep. I really don't know what will make my world right, but at the moment it all seems so far away. But, like they say, tomorrow is another day and who know what it might bring. If you believe enough and work hard enough may be then you can change things. Who knows, but tonight I just want to sleep and not wake until the alarm calls.

No comments: