Wednesday, 28 December 2011
The Quiet Descends
Today saw the last of the girls go away to their mums. I dropped Emily and Catherine off at the services on the A1. They were so excited as they have another set of presents to open and their is more fun to be had. I just hope they have a lovely time.
With all the children gone the house has fallen deafly silent. Gone is the laughter and the giggling and all the noise. I'm not sure I like this kind of quiet. I much prefer the children being around and making the house feel alive. It not something I expected that would ever happen a few years ago until Lucy grew up, and now it is a reality. What makes this worse is the time of year, but what can I do about that. It not the sort of thing you get use to, it just something you have to endure. It times like this I just want to get away from the house, the troubles, problems and the memories.
It goes without saying I can't wait to have all the girls together. It won't be as soon as I would have liked it. I did what to have Lucy with the girls next week, but I understand all too well the reasons why I can't, she is a very special little girl that lots of people love.
No comments:
Post a Comment