Tuesday, 27 December 2011
Bank Holiday Tuesday
Another day with girls together, and the longest period I have had them together in a row for an age. Unfortunately it was the last of the days but that couldn't be helped. Just the way it is and not something I wanted. All the same I wanted to try and enjoy the remaining time after all that I have been feeling over the holidays so far.
The morning for me started when I woke up to find it still dark. I tried getting back to sleep but without success. In the end as the light started to shine through the curtains and I got out of bed and headed for the toilet. Lucy must have heard me moving about and I found her smiling on the landing. We both gathered her things and headed down the stairs. She climbed into my chair and I turned on the television to amuse her while I made her a tea and myself a coffee. We just sat together and watched television until we were both awake.
Some half an hour after our drinks and breakfast Lucy began to play. Bringing her toys in from the family room. We played all kinds of games. This went on until it was time to get Emily and Catherine out of bed. The method she employed today was rather different from normal. In one of the Christmas crackers from the night before she had found a whistle and so with great enthusiasm she went up to their room and blew it as loud as she could. Not quite as nice being joined by Lucy in the bed, but it had the same effect and soon they both joined her for what remained of the morning.
Before lunch we had to pop to the shops to get some essential supplies. So we set out for the supermarket before returning home to make lunch. While we were there Lucy picked a couple of presents and some sweets to take home for her other sister to enjoy. The presents being for her mummy and other sister, with money being short the presents were small. Along the way we dropped off Emily to her friends Millie for the afternoon, needless to say when Lucy found out where Emily was going she wanted to go too.
After lunch, and the wrapping of the presents we had bought, there was a little bit of time left for Lucy and Catherine play together before the rush began. I had washed Lucy's things that were going back to her mummies in the morning so all there was left to do was make sure Lucy was clean too. As always we left it to the last hour she was here so we could have as much fun as possible. Catherine helped bath her today and dried her hair for me as i got her bits together and packed her bag. Today she wanted to take her whistle with her she got in a Christmas cracker, but somehow she had managed to lose it. Probably a good thing for her mummy's ears as she loved blowing it as loud as she could. Finally the time ran out and we set off out the door.
I wasn't looking forward to dropping Lucy off, I was enjoying her being here with her sisters too much, it lightened my mood. The drive back was very very quiet. So quiet that Lucy drifted off to sleep during the drive. It was probably for the best. It wasn't a drive I wanted to make or a place I wanted to go to, but soon we arrived and soon Lucy was gone. I really don't like that she has to live in a city. It not something I think anyone one wanted for her.
On the way home I picked up Emily to bring her home for dinner which was just something easy to cook. I was all cooked out from the days before and the events of the holidays, the general lack of sleep at the moment, and my mood, had made me very tired. The girls didn't seem to mind as long as their hungry tummies were full, which was a good thing considering how I felt.
For the rest of the evening everyone just relaxed and did there own thing until bedtime. The house seemed much quieter without Lucy about, but not as quiet as it will be after tomorrow when all the girls are gone.
The effects of the feeling that hit me on Christmas day really changed the holiday for me, but thankfully for the girls fun continued despite my mood. I know Lucy really enjoyed Christmas day and wanted Santa to come again on Boxing day. As for the older girls they had a smashing time too. It is the girls that matter at the end of the day. I was just so glad I didn't spoil it for them.
5 comments:
Look towards the new year. You never know what it might bring.
I'm glad Emily, Catherine and Lucy had fun. They all look so happy in the Christmas day post.
Yes the girls had a great time despite how I felt. I'm sure someone said something like "You can knock me down and I will still get up fighting", and if they didn't I just have. Well I'm not ready to give up in something I believe in.
That's the Roy I know.
Onward and upward.
Post a Comment