Saturday, 9 June 2012

Better Saturday

After yesterday I was hoping to make much more of today and any better weather that came our way. I didn't want to be stuck in the house again like the day before. I'd rather get out and about and have some fun, even if it was just going down to the park.


It was a joy being woken up by Lucy and soon we found ourselves in the chair downstairs watching television with our drinks as we both woke up before breakfast. With breakfast out of the way Lucy went off to the family room to play for the early part of the morning occasionally involving me in her games and getting me to do things with her toys she just couldn't manage on her own.


It was about mid morning when we head out of the house. This time were on our way to the shops, but that was not all, and although it wasn't warm it was dry so we headed for one of the many playgrounds in Oakham to get out of the house. We had a great time there playing but what surprised me most were the number of people there given the weather. Seems they were all doing the same as us a making use of the dry conditions; Eventually after several "last goes" on everything we head to the supermarket to get some food.


When Lucy and myself got home I got with making some nice crispy ham rolls for everyone. They went down a dream with people having them either plain, with pickle and in my own case with some fine mustard. After lunch it was back to playing for Lucy as I gathered up the plates and did the dishes. Soon I was needed as part of one of her games and gladly joined in. I was keen as always to make the most of having her at home.


As we got to the middle of the afternoon the weather had improved quite a bit so it was off out to the park again, but this time leaving our coats at home. The sun was shining and at least it was warm out. We head once more in to Oakham to the main park there complete with Lucy scooter which she insisted on taking. Once again we had a great time, and I think Lucy favourite was going down the small hill on the scooter after getting me to say "ready, steady, go".


When we got home I got on with dinner and Lucy went off to play with whoever she could find. I love the way she just adores and looks up to her sisters and looks forward to seeing them so much. With dinner out of the way I could join in their games until finally it was time for Lucy to go off to bed. As always after her stories, cuddles and kisses not a peep was heard from her room and she entered the land of her dreams. Too be followed by her older sisters later in the evening as the sun finally set on the long day.

It was so good to get out after being stuck in for most of the day before because of the weather. It's bad enough be stuck in when it is the winter but given it is summer you feel you really should be able to get out and have some fun. I'm just glad we managed it today. 

No comments: