Monday, 24 January 2011
Artist of the Week - Evanescence
This weeks band of the week is one I came across almost by accident. I was looking for something completely different on the internet and came across a reference a song called "My Immortal" that I played and almost instantly liked. The band in question and this weeks artist of the week is Evanescence.
I came across then quite by accident while looking for something completely different on the internet, You know the sort of thing when you endless go looking for something only to find something else that side tracks you down a different path. My discovery was just like that and what a nice discovery it was. I particularly love the acoustic songs as well as finding the heavier tracks original in content.
Evanescence are basically a rock band and they were founded in Little Rock, Arkansas back in 1995 by Amy Lee and Ben Moody however it wasn't until 2003 until they released their first commercial album which went on to sell 15 million copies world wide and helped them win two Grammy Awards. The band has relatively few studio albums given the time they have been together, just two and a third in production, however both albums released so far have been successful and from what I have heard from the third album it has the potential to mach this success.
I hope look up my artist of the week on YouTube you enjoy listening to Evanescence. Next week I will be listening to something that is very current. Until next time happy listening.
Posted by
Roy
Labels:
Artist of the Week,
Music,
Video
No comments:
Post a Comment