Friday, 7 January 2011

Planning Madness

Well, I was in the local supermarket and I noticed another example of purposed planning madness to ruin the local economy and the established businesses in Oakham and the surrounding area. We have already had an application for a pub and now a cheap hotel. It goes without saying it has to do with the Hawksmeaad development and was purposed by same eco vandals. 


If I was to be honest about what I thought then I would say that is how I feel the planers see the future of Rutland. Cheap and nasty. They have little regard for the existing hotels in the area. They don't understand that such a hotel will under cut existing businesses, but I see that at least it will be give the people stuck in the traffic because of the bad traffic management some where to stay when then are get fed up.

It goes without say this will be welcomed by Oakham Town Council who from what I have read are holding private meetings before they have the public ones. It sounds like a lot of stuff is going through on the nod. This is no way to run a council. What have they to hide?

No comments: