Friday, 28 January 2011
Poorly Lucy
Another of the rather slightly shorter post of another lovely day with all three of my girls. Unlike most of the days recently it has been slightly less busy with just a new tyre to get for the car. This was after one of them developed a major puncture the day before. It wasn't what we need with a new car seat to buy for Lucy but it couldn't be helped it needed replacing and it needed replacing now.Driving around at 50mph wasn't a option for a weekend when Emily and Catherine have to go to Leeds to see their mum.
It was a relatively quite morning with little to do. I had taken the flat tyre into the garage the day before and they had put the spare on the car. It was just a question of waiting for the call to have the new tyre fitted and the spare taken off. We weren't expecting that to happen until after lunchtime so I got on with some work to past the time until I picked up Lucy from nursery.
Lucy once again siad "I love you Daddy' and a massive big hug when I saw her. This is becoming quiet a thing and I could really get use to it. It makes you feel so warm inside. It was lovely see her again and have her hold my hand as we walked to the car and set off for the supermarket to get some food for lunch. While we were there we picked up some bacon, mushrooms and some nice fresh bread rolls. Something of a favourite with Lucy and myself and after all the eating out of late it was nice to have something at home for lunch.
The afternoon was mainly taken up with playing with Lucy, but something wasn't right with her. She had a cough when I picked her up from nursery and she was starting to tire easily and she wasn't her bouncy self. Her play was much more sedate than usual. Clearly the cold she was developing was starting to take effect. I did think about giving her some medicine but thought I better not or she might not be able to have anything before bedtime.
Soon it was time to pick up Emily and get the tyre changed and we did this at same time to save petrol, and so we headed off to Oakham. Lucy was so pleased to see Emily and gave her a great welcome and they both sat in the car as it went up in the air to have the tyre changed. I'm not sure Lucy knew what to make of it but with reassurance from Emily she was fine and was looking out the window to see what was going on as the car was up in the air.
When we got home Catherine and George were waiting to welcome us back, but unlike normal Lucy decided to sit and watch some television under a blanket with her juice rather than play. Not normal Lucy behaviour at all. She normally gets one of the girls to play with her, but not today. She was like that for rest of the afternoon until dinner and beyond. Slowly get worse as the day went on.
With time getting on it was time to take a quiet poorly Lucy back home to her mother in Oakham. I was sad to see her go as always and she asked if I would be sad when she goes. I replied that I'm never sad because I can remember all the lovely things we do together. Not always the truth but she doesn't need to know that. When I got back the girls were on the computers chatting with friends on Facebook and watching BBC iPlayer which took them pretty much up to bedtime.
I hope little Lucy is alright. She was clearly going down with what seemed like a rotten cold. I wish I could ask how she is, but at them moment I don't think that would go down too well, but if she gets really poorly I sure I would hear about it. Can't wait to see Lucy on Tuesday, and I hope she is better by then.
No comments:
Post a Comment