Sunday, 23 January 2011
Lots Going On
The lead up to the three day weekend with Lucy, Emily and Catherine has been absolutely crazy and the weekend itself extremely busy. So much so something had to give and that will be this weekends blog entry which I'm sorry to say is just going to be a brief summary of what has gone on.
Picking up Lucy on Friday was a dream. A big hug and "I love you Daddy" is enough to put a smile on any fathers face. The afternoon started with a trip to our favourite bakery in Uppingham and some of the best bread rolls in Rutland. Followed by a lovely afternoon playing at home. When Emily and Catherine got home from school Lucy settled down to play with them. Then there was some eating and some cleaning for the weekend to come to done. It was lovely seeing them all being so helpful, including little Lucy. Soon the place looked lovely and clean already for Lucy and the girls to mess it over the weekend again. It was three very tired girls that went to sleep that night. Lucy after her bath, stories and kiss and cuddles and Emily and Catherine after spending sometime talking to their friends on their Facebook accounts.
Saturday started off Lazy. Lucy and Catherine were the first two up. Catherine was off down into Oakham to go shopping with her friend before going to stay over the night with her friend in Langham. Emily meanwhile had one of her friends coming round for the afternoon. Although Emily was having a sleep over originally, it didn't happen because another one of her friends had to cannel because she wasn't very well. This didn't stop emily having fun with the friend that did turn up. She was a lovely girl and was so polite. Even, a shy at first, Lucy had a lovely time with them both and said some really sweet things that made us all smile. Before dinner Lucy helped me bake some bread. She loves cooking and often pops into the kitchen to see if there is something she can stir and hopefully taste. The girls had their dinner together before Emily's friend had to leave and go home. I also cooked a second meal for latter in the evening. Slow cooked lamb shanks and vegetables that turned out to be rather yummy especially with the home made bread eaten in front of a roaring coal fire. Of course that was all after Lucy had her bath and was safely tucked up in bed. She looked so sweet when I checked on her before I went to sleep, all snuggled up in her blankets.
Lucy was up first as normal on Sunday but there was no Catherine to join her for breakfast. She didn't seem to mind and still enjoyed her food on her own while chatting away to me. Emily is a practicing teenager and rarely gets up before ten on a Sunday when the church bells wake her from her slumber. While everyone was snoozing I took advantage of having Lucy to myself and we did some drawing together on the floor. When Emily got up Lucy went off to play with her for a while and I enjoyed listening to the closeness they both display in way they play. It is moments like this I know bond between them is strong and I'm grateful we get to see Lucy as much as we do. Catherine returned for lunch and played with Lucy until it was time for her party. It was Lucy's first invite to a party. She was ever so excited when we got there and she had a smashing time, eating lots of jelly along the way. After the party Lucy went back to her mums house in Oakham and I returned to Langham to find Emily and Catherine playing on the Xbox together. This occupied them up to dinner and with homework time out of the way after that, they went to the land of nod.
It has a been a lovely weekend. I have enjoyed having them all. Emily had a great time with her friend, Catherine enjoyed her sleep over and it was really nice going to the party with Lucy, if rather noisy. I just wish I had more time to talk about it all. I can't wait until they are all here again together on Tuesday.
No comments:
Post a Comment