Thursday, 12 January 2012

Blogger Comment Problems

It would seem that Blogger have introduced threaded comments to the comment system without fully testing it to see if it works or not.


Until the system is fixed and the functionality and settings of the original system are restored and added to the new system then there will be no more embedded comments on the blog. Instead a pop up comment box will appear to post comments, although you will still be able to read comments by looking at individual posts. 

Having looked into the problem there are number of issues affecting a great number of blogs on the site. These can range from comments that have disappeared, are wrong date and time stamps, and formatting and font issues. In extreme cases people have reported browsers crashing as a result of the changes.

Blogger are normally quick to pick up on things like this and I would a fix to be in place before too long. Once the fix is in place I will turn back on the embedded comment system.

5 comments:

Richard said...

The old system was easier.

Jean | Delightful Repast said...

Perhaps you can tell me, can I expect that Blogger will fix the problems soon? I cannot even access my dashboard to put up today's new post, publish readers' comments or even navigate my blog (it freezes up). And, of course, Blogger does not seem to have posted any reassurances anywhere about any of this!

Roy said...

I'm sorry I don't know. There were all kinds of problems reported on the Blogger Help forum yesterday, from crashing browsers to other problems with comments and the layout of comments. They said on their google plus page they had tested the system, but it doesn't seem they have done it well enough. The time zone issue should have been picked up very early on. It also seems a lot of people want the old system back and didn't want the changes in the first place.

All I can suggest is putting in a request for help at the help forums:

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/blogger

Someone there might be able to help or someone from Blogger might fix your problem. There seems to be a lot of people on there that are always willing to help.

I wish you luck and I had a quick look at your blog and it looks wonderful. Good luck and happy Blogging

Rita said...

Since Thursday; everything I try to access on my Blog ends up freezing, blank page; I can;t eve read my comments.
It see it is also happening with other bloggger that I follow I can't comment on some.
I did go to Google Help, but you NEVER get any aswers there.
I usually find answers from other bloggers like you who talk about. it.
I joined Pinterst on Thursday where I can add my recipe photos and viewers sould be able to access the recipe on my blo; it doesn;t work.
I feel so frustrated; don't know where to turn. Maybe I'm too old and I should find another hobby.
Anyone else dealing with these problems?
Sorry I rattled on, I really am a nice person, just frustated.
Rita
http://sagecuisine.blogspot.com/

Roy said...

From what I can tell the people at Blogger are still working on the problems. They still claim they have done extensive testing but clearly not extensive enough! I have been looking for work arounds for the problems bit I haven't come up with a quick fix. As soon as I hear any news I will add it to the comment section on this post.