Friday, 27 January 2012
Celebrity Big Brother 2012 - The Final
Tonight was the final of Celebrity Big Brother 2012 and after three and half weeks in the house the reaming house mates were voted out one by one of the house, leaving the winner as the last person standing. It has been a smashing show this year and Channel 5 have now really made the format their own without destroying the show. In fact they have given back to it the thing it had lost on Channel 4 and now it seems fresh and alive again.
As for the winner it was for one the people that entertained us and like so many before her had gone on a journey of discovery in the house. In my view Denise Walch was a deserving winner of the show. What came as a surprise was that the X Factor reject Frankie Cocozza came in second even though he was the bookies favourite. It wasn't something I expected, I thought he would have left the show earlier, but looking back has always just been himself in the show which is often popular with viewers.
With ratings reported at being well over the two million mark on average for the nightly highlight shows and over 3 million for the final, it has been another success for Channel Five. Once again they have been attracting the youth audience all the Channels are after. I just hope that the summer show lives up to the promise of the Celebrity version. If it can manage that, it is sure to carry on for years to come.
I know I have really enjoyed by three and a bit weeks of car crash television and I can't wait for it all to start again in the summer. In the meantime I have the rest Dancing on Ice to look forward to and soon Britain's Got Talent returns to our screens. There is a lot of telly to come.
Posted by
Roy
Labels:
Big Brother,
TV

2 comments:
Did you notice I predeicted her win I should put a bet on Big Brother, I always seem to back the winner. I am not a coranation street viewer, but I did find he role in Waterloo Road very good.
It was a wonderful show this year. Can't wait until the summer.
Post a Comment