Monday, 2 January 2012
Home Again
With the approach of the start of a new school term today was the day that Emily and Catherine returned back home from being with there mum's for the New Year. By all accounts they had a smashing time in Leeds and they came back full of stories of the exploits.
As is now the becoming the norm, I am travelling that little bit further to pick them up because of their mum continuing back problems, but as I said to their mum many years ago now I would always make sure she saw them. Thankfully we are sharing the cost as much as possible, even if we can't share the driving any more.
It was lovely to have them home again, I do miss them while they are away. I just wish, especially now, that their mum was closer so they could see more of her. I was of course hoping that we would be seeing Lucy this week, as where she lives the school holidays don't finish for another week, but as careful readers will know that not going to happen. It would have went some way to making up lost time with her. All the same at least I will be seeing her at the weekend and I know she will be having a good time. I can't wait to have them altogether again, and I do understand her mummies needs too.
Anyway, it didn't take them long to get back into the swing of things. Soon as they got home that started catching up with their friends after we had popped to the supermarket for the food for dinner we had all agreed to on the way home. It was nice to have the noise of young people around the house again. I know some might disagree, but I rather like it.
As for me, I spent a couple of days in Wales, returning yesterday evening. It is a wonderful drive and some of the scenery is breath taking as you head down the Heads of the Valley Road which skirts the Beacon Beacons national park.
No comments:
Post a Comment