Monday, 9 January 2012

Film of the Week - Amélie

This week film of the week is another European film and it is the story of an innocent girl in Paris who decides to help those around her and along the way, discovers love. The film in question is a master piece of the art of film making and it simply called Amélie.


The film is directed by the self taught frenchman Jean-Pierre Jeunet. As a testament to his craft the film became the biggest worldwide success of French cinema history and went on to win many awards. The direction is both stylish and slick and the acting, as if often the case in European cinema, is excellent. If you like watching films because they are pure works of art then you will just love this film.

I know I have mentioned the film in the blog before and that is for good reason, it is just a joy to watch and that what I hope I will get joy from it again when I see it again later in the week. If you have the film on DVD or you find it to rent, then watch it with me. I promise you won't be disappointed.

3 comments:

Richard said...

Where is the missing post from Sunday?

Roy said...

Part done. Hopefully I will finish it today.

Roy said...

One done plus todays, not the post I expected to post first, but it is a post.