Sunday, 22 January 2012
Family Sunday
Yet another one of those days where the weather really wasn't good enough to go out and we didn't have the money any other kind of going out. I just hope that soon the weather warms up and dries up so we can get out and about again and have some fun outside in the fresh air.
I was woken up by a little voice calling my name. It was lovely see her smiling face as I entered the room and soon we were gathering up her things and coming downstairs together. She sat in my chair as I went and made a coffee and a cup of tea in her beaker. It wasn't long before we were watching television together as she sat on my lap and we snuggled in her blanket. It was a lovely way to wake up before breakfast.
We had a quite morning around the house playing together after breakfast with Lucy asking if it was time to wake up Emily and Catherine every so often. In the end I gave up and let her go up to them and soon all three of them came down and headed into the family room to play. It was nice to hear them all playing together and having fun again. For all that I loved the time I had her on my own I missed that too.
Lunch was quick and simple. We had had ham sandwiches, which take no time at all to make and are loved by everyone. We wanted to make the most of the time we all had together and not let cooking get in the way. We had our Sunday lunch the day before. As soon as lunch was out the way the girls all went back to playing. They played boardgames together and of course Lucy played with her cooker making everyone food. It was lovely when she popped into the living room bring me all kinds of food. We all had a lovely afternoon.
The coming of the rush started as we headed into the last hour that Lucy was with us. As always, during the morning I did all of Lucy's washing making sure her blanket and clothes are all clean and ready for her to go home. All that was left to do was to make sure Lucy was in a similar state. It started with her bath with the help of Emily and Catherine. This was followed by the drying of hair, which Catherine did today, as I gathered her things and packed her bag. With her dressed I headed out the door with Emily and Lucy.
The drive back to the city was as quiet as ever. I didn't feel like dropping Lucy off so Emily did it for me. Thankfully Lucy didn't seem to mind, but I know I am going to have to do it next time. Emily managed to lighten the mood on the way home and we shared a private joke. It made us both burst into laughing and made the whole thing easier and we chatted on the way home.
When we got back home I got on with cooking and the girls got on with catching up with their friends. It was a quiet evening, but a good one. We all just did our own thing until we all headed to our beds to await the coming of another day.
It has been nice being altogether again. I had some quiet time Lucy in the morning before the girls got up and then I enjoyed watching and listen them to them play. It was just nice and I loved every minute of it. Of course there was the same shit feeling when it all came to an end, but that is life and how it is and I can't see that changing. What I need to concentrate on is the good things and forget all the rubbish that surrounds it.
I need to find a way of seeing Lucy more and there is a chance of that in the coming half term next month. Just have to fight that fight and come to terms with all the empty the empty promises of the past which once made life so complete and perfect. They might have been given with good intention, but good intention isn't enough. Funny thing is I would stand by the promises of the past. All the same a few things have been revealed this weekend and hopefully that will help make things better, but I'm not holding my breath. Done that too long for nothing, but this the life I have been given, not the one I wanted, and the one it is I have to live.
Posted by
Roy
1 comment:
You never know what life has in store for you. You might get what you desire one day.
Post a Comment