Friday, 3 September 2010
Friday Fun
The promise of the sunset arrived inline with the sayings of the past and the day started lovely and sunny, and like yesterday it was just the right temperature, not too hot or too cold. What was special about today was that it was the first time that Lucy was staying two nights on a regular basis and something she is more than ready for now.
Catherine and Emily got up at half past seven and made their packed lunches and got ready for school. By quarter past eight Emily and myself headed out the door to her new school in Oakham. Thankfully when I start work we have arranged a lift to and from school on the days I can't do it. Catherine meanwhile took herself to school at half past eight to meet her friends in the playground, something she started doing at the end of the last school year.
After a shave and shower I picked up Lucy at ten and we headed out to the park to enjoy the morning sunshine. It was really quiet there after the holidays and we almost had the whole play area to ourselves. Lucy loves the new things there to play with and quickly had me on rotating ring with her. At first she tried to push me around but it is just too stiff, so I had to help her with my feet. What we did discover, much to Lucy's amusement, that when I got to certain point on the ring my weight pulled the ring down much to my surprise. Boy did she chuckle and laugh as nearly fell off the first time it happened. Needless to say we spent a long time on the ring before we headed off to play on all the other things in the playground. She had a super time and so did I.
Most of the rest of the day was spent at home. I managed to get all the times wrong for doing things, basically because I got use to not having to worry about the time we did things in the afternoon during the school holidays. I just messed up the timing of everything. I wanted to get out to another park in the afternoon and when I got round to looking at the clock it was all too late. All the same we had a great time playing trains in the family room, cars in the garden and I'm teaching how to use the painting program on the old PSone that girls use now and again. I had a lovely time playing with her.
About forty minutes before Catherine came home we popped to the supermarket to get some food for the next few days. Lucy was really good waiting until we came out of the supermarket to have ago on the Thunderbird ride, when we went in I didn't have any change on me. One of the things we got while were there was some things to make cakes with tomorrow, something they all love doing.
When we got home Lucy got a big Catherine welcome, they hadn't seen each other for a week. Instantly Lucy latched onto her and they played together in the family room and watch some television together as well as playing in the garden. I did say to Lucy in the afternoon, when she had Georges lead on her toy dog, she could take George for a walk with Catherine but we both forgot to ask Catherine. Maybe they can do that together tomorrow morning.
Emily wasn't due home late today. If you read yesterday's entry you will know she was off out in Oakham with her friends having coffee. They went off to Costa Coffee and while she was there she bumped into Lucy's mummy and her Lucy's other sister Mary. Emily told us when she got home how Mary smiled from ear to ear and how Emily offered her a sweet. I know Emily was pleased to see her and Catherine wished she had been there too, even Lucy asked about Emily seeing her mummy and her sister. Emily's social calendar is filling up and at this rate we will hardly see her before dinner in the next few weeks, she even arranges her own lifts home.
When Emily got home I started cooking for everyone. Tonight we had a chicken curry with pilau rice. It was Catherine who requested a curry and by having a mild curry it went down well with everybody. Lucy loved the yellow spicy rice and asked for more.
All to soon it was time for Lucy's bath and she happily trotted up the stairs, only to say she didn't like baths when she got to the bathroom and the water was running. It seems she is frightened of slipping in the bath but we managed to reassure her and she got in and sat down and we had loads of fun. When she got out Catherine helped me dry her and read her two stories, while I got her juice ready and then read her her final story and gave her everyones kisses and hugs. She closed her eyes and fell into the land of nod.
With Lucy in bed Emily and Catherine, tired from their day, went on Facebook and chatted to their friends before helping me tidying the toys away and going to bed themselves.
It lovely to see th three of them together and I'm so pleased we have the extra night now. I was hoping to go out to the seaside with everyone tomorrow. Everything is perfect including the weather, but with no dashboard display on the car and not being able to trust the battery in the satellite navigation system for the drive we will have to think of other things to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment