Tuesday, 7 September 2010
Fun at Rascals
With the uncertainty in the last weather forecast I heard it was nice to find that he day turned out sunny in the morning even after the grey start and the threat of rain when I awoke. Somehow the sun managed to burn away the cloud and keep it a bay.
Emily and Catherine both got up at seven thirty, got ready for school and set about making their own pack lunches while I had a coffee and woke up. It is rather nice now that I don't have to hurry them along and they are finding there own feet. The school run with Emily went well. While I was gone Catherine had fed George and taken him for a short walk round the village. I was back in time to make sure Catherine wasn't late for school.
I picked up Lucy at ten o'clock from her mummies in her new Peppa Pig shoes, she was very proud of them and was showing them off in the car. We both headed off to the supermarket to get some more pull-ups for Lucy. We had used the last one when we had her on Sunday so we need to go before we did anything else and in any case I love shopping with her. It just more fun and we make a game of it. With the shopping done it was time for the rides. The Thomas the Tank engine ride was broken again today, it always seems to be out or order, so Lucy went on Thunderbird Two today. She was smiling from ear to ear.
The rest of the morning was spent in and out of the house. We played all kinds of games, had lots of cuddles and fun doing the things she likes to do. As always George followed her around all over the place. They really are partners in crime.
Just before lunch we headed off out in the car to Stamford with the satellite navigation system replacing the speedo since the dashboard is still not working and the replacement part has still not arrived at the garage. When we got there the first thing we did was to pop into MacDonalds to get some food and before we headed off Rascals, a soft play area for under tens.
Rascals is great place for someone like Lucy. She loves it there and when I told her where we were going, before we left the house, I never seen her get her shoes on so fast. There is nothing there she can't tackle now and she loves interacting with the other children. It as a nice place to relax and have a coffee even if it is instant.
The first thing she played with was the cars. She loves the police cars and races around making police car noises. The speed she get out of those toy cars and the control she shows is quite amazing. She never seems to crash into anyone or anything. Her favorite of the police cars is the black one and as soon as she saw it was free she swapped it for her blue one that she started playing in when we arrived.
Of course she wasn't about to miss out on any other the things to do and was soon climbing, sliding, rolling and generally wearing herself out. At one point she had me building her a house out of all of the soft play blocks she had collected for me. We were there for most of the early afternoon. She had a lovely time and it was a shame we had to leave but she didn't complain and put her shoes on like a good girl and left.
On the way home we came into Oakham to pick Emily up from school. Lucy was so pleased to see her and equally as pleased to see Catherine we at last we got back inside the house. They had a lovely tine together playing in the family room for the rest of the afternoon.
It was just before dinner Catherine found out her best friends dog was hit by tractor and later we discovered it had died. Catherine, bless her, wanted to get her friend something to cheer her up and I got her some chocolate to give her tomorrow at school.
We did have one little mishap before Lucy went home. I had seemed to mislay Lucy's top she came from her mummies in. I was sure it was in the washing machine. I always return her in clean clothes, and had put it in wash earlier. Thankfully we found it in Emily's duvet and the problem was solved. It was like the duvet had eaten it. I'm glad we hadn't lost it, I don't want anything to rock the boat as the water can be very choppy!
As always the time to take Lucy back to her mummies came to soon. The drop off was much like the last, so the least said the better. I just don't know why it has to be this way when it could be better with some understanding.
When I got home the Emily was on the computer and Catherine was on the phone to her friend. They both watched Eastenders together had some quiet time before going off up to bed. They must have both been really tired, because they both fell straight to sleep.
I had a lovely day with Emily, Catherine and Lucy. I can't wait to have them altogether again. It is just three sleeps as Catherine pointed out to Lucy as she was leaving. Until then there is fun to be had with Emily and Catherine who live here with me.





No comments:
Post a Comment