Friday, 24 September 2010
A Grey Autumnal Friday
What a contrast to the warmth of last few days. The weather started changing yesterday and today the wind is blowing the leaves from the trees and the rain is falling. A completely different day from when Lucy was last here at home with me and about ten degrees colder too. Clearly the coming of the Harvest Moon truly has brought autumn along with it.
Emily and Catherine got up at seven thirty and got themselves ready for school. All to soon breakfast were made and eaten, pack lunches made and in the case of Emily extensive hair grooming was done, as today is the day of the school photograph. The pupils at Catherine's school is having their photographs done early next week. With hair done and her bag packed Emily and myself set off for Oakham to get her to school. The traffic was light again and I was soon home to wish Catherine well as she headed down the walk to school.
After a coffee and a wash and brush up it was soon time to get Lucy, something I had been looking forward to all morning. I just love having her with me and I'm sure she loves being here with us too. I think anyone who reads this blog knows how much I care for her and love her. When I got her mummies she was the first thing I heard through the door. You could tell it was her from the excitement in her voice. The pick up went really well and soon I was walking down the street with Lucy chatting away before heading back to our home in Langham.
When we got home we were rushed by George who is always pleased to see Lucy. I just love the way she orders him about now and tells him to get down and sit. Catherine had forgot to feed him so it was the first thing we did. I got the food ready and Lucy gave him the bowl. With the dog fed we set about playing for a bit. Today she wanted to play with her push chair and her dolls and babies, so I got them down for her bedroom and off she went to play with them in the living room as I watched and joined in with her game. Towards lunch she seemed to flag a bit and brought me the Pinocchio DVD to watch with her and soon we were sitting down and watching it together with Lucy cuddled in my arms.
For lunch Lucy had a sausage roll, some baked mini cheddars and a red shinny apple for her pudding. She loved it and after eating most of it she as soon on my lap again and we watched the rest of the film together while she drank some ice cold milk. The last two times she has been here she has really been into milk and now I'm having to buy extra just for Lucy.
After we finished our film we set off to do some shopping. Lucy insisted in riding her little red car down to the car from the house. There was no way she was going to leave it behind without a big fuss. I just made it clear she could take it as long as it remained in the car until we got home and she said that was ok. She was very careful going down the paths to the car. I'm proud of how her road sense is coming along. Her mummy is doing a good job.
Instead of going to Tesco's in Oakham we headed out to the Tesco's in Melton for a drive and to get out of the house for a bit. I don't think there is much to choose between the two stores. Melton seems a bit bigger but then again it's freezer section doesn't have the same range as the Oakham branch where as the Melton store has a bigger fresh meat range. Lucy loves rides outside the store and with fifty pence her hand that is where she headed when we arrived. She beamed for ear to ear as she had her ride before we headed inside to do the shopping. In the shop Lucy picked what she wanted for dinner from some choices I gave her and then we went to get some small sweets for later before paying and leaving for home. As always she was as good as gold in the shop and made the checkout person smile with her cheerful thank you and goodbye.
When we got home there was enough time to put the shopping away before Catherine came home. Lucy tried her best to help by passing me things to put away and soon the job was done. As we sat down Catherine came home and after a hug and kiss we were off out to get Emily from School in Oakham. Emily was so pleased to see Lucy and Lucy to see her. They had a quick cuddle and kiss in the car and then we all headed home to play.
When we got home they all headed off to Emily and Catherine bedroom and all you could hear was them chatting and laughing as the girls got changed back in to their home clothes. Soon Catherine came down hand in hand with Lucy and head for the family room, while Emily stayed in the bedroom to do her homework so she had the weekend free. In family room Catherine stated to play the Simpsons on the X-Box with Lucy who wanted to play the game earlier in the day. This took them through with a few other games thrown in until dinner.
When I put the cutlery out Lucy went to round everyone up from around the house for dinner and soon they were all at the table sitting down to burgers, beans and one of Lucy's favorites smily potato faces. She loves them so much she even had the two that Catherine left on her plate. With dinner done and pudding eaten they set off to play again.
After dinner Lucy mainly played with Catherine. Catherine really loves young children and at one point they were playing a dressing up game where Lucy was a princess. It was nice see Lucy in some of the clothes I have for her that she has never really got round to wearing and probably never will. They are mainly summer clothes that will be to small for her by the time the next summer comes along. As part of the dressing up game Catherine put on her old cat outfit to become the princesses pussy cat. Lucy loved ordering her about and telling her what to do. Of course not to be out done Lucy wanted a turn at being a cat too. It is lovely to see them playing like that together.
Time soon got the better of us and it was time to get Lucy changed and on her way back to her mummies. As we drove to Oakham we chatted away to each other while music played on the car radio. As we arrived she said she loved me and I said I love her too. We had our parting cuddle after she got out of the car and we started the short walk down the road to take her back. Soon we arrived and the door was open and closed again and she was gone.
With Lucy safely home at her mummies we returned to Langham to pick up Emily and Catherine and take them down the A1 to met their mum. Thankfully for a Friday the drive wasn't to bad and they were soon dropped off and I was on my way home to a much quieter and more empty house.
Even though the weather was bad and we didn't do as much as we normally do on a friday it was still a lovely day and full of fun and giggles. It such a pleasure to spend so much time with some of the people I love so much even if it does mean that money is tight at times. I'm hoping we can have a family reunion some time in the future.





No comments:
Post a Comment