Thursday, 2 September 2010
Sunny Langham
It been another lovely day here in Langham. The morning cloud melted away into lovely sunshine that shone all day long. Better still it wasn't too hot and it wasn't too cold. Just the sort of weather that makes you smile, and a lovely way to finish my summer holidays.
Again this morning I took Emily to school in Oakham, but soon she is going to have to get herself there and back on her own. It is amazing how fast her confidence has grown even since she started at the new school. This evening she went round to her friends house in Oakham and tomorrow she is going out with her friends after school for a coffee in the town. I knew she would change, but I didn't expect it to happen this quickly.
Catherine, meanwhile is growing too without her sisters shadow to hide in. At last she can find herself and grow in confidence. The year six teacher at Langham is wonderful and I'm sure by the time it her turn to leave the school she will really have surprised herself. She so looking forward to going away with the school and I know it will do her the world of good. Catherine with her new independence invited her own friend around today and they had a great time together.
The end of the day was as lovely as it started. The sun burned into the west producing a lovely sunset that promises a fine day today. I hope the old weather tales are right as have little Lucy is here tomorrow, it is just a shame the dashboard is still broken which has spoiled my weekend plans, but sure we think of something nice to do.

No comments:
Post a Comment