Wednesday, 1 September 2010

High School

Today is Emily's first day at high school. She was so excited when she got home last night she put her uniform on we had picked up with Lucy. I was right, she is so proud of herself, and she feels so grown up. It's amazing to think looking at her now that she was once Lucy's size. Catherine feels a little left out, but I promised we make as much fuss when she goes up to high school too. 

Emily got up herself really early, showered and made her own pack lunch before even I got up, something that is unheard of for my practicing teenager, such was her excitement at her first day. When I came down stairs she was already to go and boy did she look grown up in her new uniform. As we drove to the school her nerves kicked in but it was still being out done by the thoughts of all the new friends she would make and all the new things to do.

When she came home she was talking for England about all she had done in her day. Telling us what it was like, what lessons she had and new friends she had made. Clearly the new school has lived up to all she wanted it to be a more, which is what I hoped. First impressions are important and I think in this case they sold the school to Emily and I hope her she fulfills her dreams there.

No comments: