Saturday, 11 September 2010

Ultimate Big Brother

Last night was both an amazing night and a very sad one for anyone that has been watching Big brother for years and years. It is like an end of an era and will leave a lot of people feeling that there is a big hole in their lives. For years I have been a moderator on a Big Brother forum and those that know me from there will know how much it has affected my life. I feel sometimes my life, since Celebrity Big Brother 4, has been as much a roller coaster ride as has the fortunes of the programme itself. With the happy times being far the best ever.


My favorite series was always Big Brother 5 and nothing has changed my view and I was glad to see so many of the housemates from that series in the house again. So it won't be surprised that I wanted to Victor to win even though I knew he didn't sand a chance. I really thought he was the Ultimate housemate with the way he talked openly with Big Brother and played the game. Nobody has played the game in the same way as him with such class and style.

Having said that the winner, Brian Dowling, was a worthy one. You can see why he became the ultimate Big Brother winner, he was honest, open, expressive, fun, nice, supportive, games for a laugh etc etc. Everything a good house mate should be. You couldn't ask any more of the ultimate Big Brother winner.

What I thought was really good about the ultimate show was seeing how the housemates had changed. Even Nikki Grahame had mellowed over the years and had become bearable rather than just plain annoying. The Michelle Bass that came back in the house was so milder and gentle than the angry girl that was in Big Brother 5 and who would think Nick bateman would turn out to be so nice. I must say I felt Chantelle Houghton, it was clear she is still so much in love with Preston. It must be so hard when love is so unbalanced especially when you then have to live in the same house as that person 24/7, but at least he still cares about her and doesn't hold anything against her. It will be interesting to see how it plays out over the coming weeks and months once the press leave them alone, I wonder if they will rebuild their friendship or maybe more. All in all it has been wonderful way to end the run of the show.

I have loved watching Big Brother for so many years and I will miss it. The programme has brought so much to my life. Channel 4 now have a big hole to fill and going to be hard to pick programs that bring in the same audience. Finally for me this is an end of an era, as it is for many of the fans of the show. Thank you Big Brother for years of entertainment and fun.

No comments: