Tuesday, 14 September 2010
Strange Day
It been a funny sort of day. It started off dull and grey that really matched my mood. Thankfully I don't normally feel like this is the morning and I'm more your happy soul, but today was different. Even the thought of Lucy coming didn't seem change things. My mind was somewhere else and thinking about other things. It is one of those days when you know where you want to be, but you don't how to get there, that's if getting there is possible at all.
Emily was late out of bed this morning and everything got behind. She was even late to school for the first time even though I was hurrying her a long, although she just made her first class more by luck. It will interesting to see how she does tomorrow when she has to get up even earlier. Catherine on the other hand was up on time and true to form made it to school with loads of time to spare. She so much better at getting up than her sister.
After the school run there was time for a coffee, a shower and shave it was off out again to get little Lucy from her mummies. I returned two of the boxes of books to her she left behind when she left our home, although there are two more boxes to take back on Friday. I got a nice thank you for my efforts. Lucy was in true chatty form and gave me a nice hug as she got in the car. Then she started to tell me about giving the sweetie she had with her last time to her sister I dropped off. It was lovely to have her with me again.
Lucy is at the "What is that stage?". She started with the bread maker and then it just didn't stop for ages. She was also very cuddly for most of the morning and would hardly let me out of her sight. She was always calling me to be with her if I moved away from her to do anything. It took a good couple of hours for her to find her independence again. It was so unlike her to be like that. That period is normally over and done with quite quickly which allows me to do small jobs between playing with her.
At lunchtime we popped out to the shops in Melton. We had a few things to get and it always makes a change to go somewhere other than Oakham shopping which is where we go most days. While we were there we looked round the shops and had some lunch in town. Then we popped into the supermarket for something for dinner before returning home, with Lucy singing along to some of "You could be Happy" by Snow Patrol. I didn't know she knew any of the words to the song.
When we got home we sat down and watch a DVD before heading back out to pick up Emily from school. Lucy watched some more of Pinocchio which she was watching on Friday before time caught up with us and she had to go home.
We were a little late leaving to pick up Emily so we went get to get Catherine from school first. Catherine's face lit when she saw Lucy and she ran towards and gave her the biggest hug. Thankfully given it had started to rain Emily was a little late leaving school and in the end she didn't have to wait for at all. Emily got her hug in the car.
When they all got home again they played loads games together but I think the one that Lucy enjoyed the most was hide and seek. When it was Lucy turn to be the seeker I had to do the counting for her and she was really good at hiding eyes and didn't cheat. It is lovely to hear them all laughing and giggling around the house until dinner was ready when they all sat down together to eat.
After dinner Lucy mainly played with Catherine. They started out playing doctors with me as the patient before move on to playing around the house. It was when the sun finally came out they both headed off into the sunshine in the garden. I had managed to keep Lucy's little tricycle dry so that became the focus of there game. The game somehow involved a flower pot that was a pretend hat, thankfully a clean one. They had great fun together.
When it came time to take Lucy back to her mummies the day had completely changed. The sun was out and the sky was blue as we headed back to Oakham with Emily and Catherine. I think Lucy liked having her sisters with her for a change and she blew them a kiss before she went inside of her mummies house.
With Lucy back at her mummies, we popped to the shops again for the orange juice I had forgotten for Emily's and Catherine's packed lunches. When we got home Emily and Catherine settled down to watch some television together before bedtime, they both love the soaps now. We never did get to make cakes or make more bread but that can wait until another day when Lucy is here again.
As always I have loved having them altogether again, I just wish they weren't parted in the first place so much. The mood I started off the day lifted in the evening Hopefully I will have a good nights sleep tonight it's an early start in the morning. All in all it's been a strange day.





No comments:
Post a Comment