Tuesday, 31 August 2010
Sunny Tuesday
What a wonderful sight the sun is first thing in the morning especially when you have Lucy coming to see you and, do you know what was even better today that it was lovely and warm too. Just what I needed to carry on the fun of the long weekend.
It was lovely to see Lucy today and she was in top form from the start and although I missed her yesterday she made up for it straight away. Lucy was in top chatty form and gave me the biggest hug and "I love you Daddy". Something I will never get tired of hearing. As we left her mummy's house in the car she spotted Mary waving at the window and Lucy gave a big smile and waved back madly. It was so sweet to see and I couldn't help but join in the waving and smiling.
We headed straight off for the park to make the most of the glorious morning sunshine. It was lovely in the park and a nice surprise to see some new park rides for the older Children. Of course Lucy wanted to play on them too and work her own way out of using of them as always. I let her play on them for a while until the bigger children came along and I thought it best that we go to the playground and let them use and enjoy them.
Once in the playground Lucy was off on the small climbing frame. Climbing up and down the ropes and ladders and sliding down the slides before she got me to go onto the roundabout and pushed me round and round. After a bit she was on, what I can best describe as, the stepping stones part of the playground and I was helping her avoid falling in the imaginary water by holding hand as she step from one stone to another. She was having great fun and was very good at waiting when people were in front of her. As always she tried everything including getting me to go on the seesaw with her. We both had loads of fun as always although when she went to the bandstand she commented on it not being good. I asked her if it was because Emily and Catherine wasn't there and she nodded. It was very sweet to know she misses them.
After we finished at the park we headed off for the supermarket. It was at this point that the dashboard on the car went completely blank. Just what you need when you are going along. I didn't have any idea of how fast I was going or anything really. I just had to go by the speed of the other cars. Once I got parked I checked all the fuses but they were all fine. There was nothing I could do except the shopping that had to be done.
As soon as we got to the entrance to the supermarket it was straight onto the rides for Lucy. I thought she would pick Thomas but he was snubbed in favour of a ride on Thunderbird 2. Must admit that I prefer the music on the Thunderbird ride so I was rather pleased. Once inside the shop we got all we needed for lunch, dinner and packed lunches for tomorrow which nearly forgot. On the way we drove very carefully. The dash still wasn't working.
When we got home I called the AA and they came out and had a look at the car for me. It would appear that the whole dashboard display unit has malfunctioned and they told me to contact the main dealer. Thankfully they also mentioned I might get the part for free if the car was the right age. Thankfully it was and now the part is on order and until then I will have to use the satellite navigation system to judge the fuel use and the speed. So now it just a question of waiting for the repair to be done. It makes a change to have some good luck after all that has happened over last few years. Even when I did have good luck back then, like when I found work, it all seemed to backfired big time. Let's hope this is the start of a new turning point and things will go my way for a change.
The problems with the car meant we ended up having a late lunch. Panini bread toasted and filled with bacon and lovely melted cheese. Thankfully there was enough cheese left over after Lucy had been eating it while I was making them. Everyone here loves them.
In the afternoon Lucy played with me for a while before went into Oakham to do some shopping and to look around the shops. One of the shops we popped into was "Fords of Oakham", Rutland's answer to a department store, to look at the toy's with Lucy. I thought she might give me some idea's for some Thomas the tank engine toys for her birthday at the start of November. She loves the toy trains in they have there and started playing with them straight away. I kept showing her things, but like most two year olds she wanted everything so I'm back where I started other than knowing she does want Thomas or at least train stuff. The last place we went was the clothes shops to pick up emily's school uniform for tomorrow. I know she going to be so proud of herself tomorrow when she starts her new school.
With having a late lunch I only cooked a early dinner for Lucy tonight. There was no point cooking for anyone else. She had fresh vegetables and a beef burger instead of the chicken I was going to do her. All the same she really enjoyed it although she missed the company of Emily and Catherine at the table. In fact she has missed them all day and kept asking where the were. On a positive note she did talk to Catherine on the phone which was rather nice to see and listen too.
All too soon it was time for Lucy to leave dressed in her clean clothes. This time I determined she should arrive at her mummies clean and I made sure she didn't get dirty before she left the home, so just before we left we did some drawing with crayons which are far less messy than pens. On the way home she talked and talked and when I dropped her off I tried to get her to give her mummy a Lucy hug, but she marched right past with her sweets for her sister and she was gone until Friday.
After I got home I started on the second dinner of the day, roast chicken potions in garlic butter and rosmary with new potatoes, runner beans and carrots. It was really nice to be cooking again, I really enjoy it and it makes the eating so much nicer. It is the personal touch that makes it special.
With the satellite navigation system fitted in the car it was time to go and fetch Emily and Catherine. I allowed loads of extra time to make up for the fact that I wasn't sure how much charge was left in it's batteries. I needed it for the country roads and villages, but once on the A1 I followed a lorry to regulate my speed. Slower than normal but at least I was sure I wasn't speeding past the speed cameras. Of course there was a downside we got home very late partly because of Emily's party that didn't finish to late and then the speed of the car which added an extra 15 to 20 minutes to the trip home. Never mind these things can't be helped. It was just lovely to have them back.
This was one of those special days when the day just goes just to fast. It felt as soon as Lucy arrived it was time for her to go home. Next time she comes she staying two nights and I can't wait to see her, but before that with have Emily's big day!
No comments:
Post a Comment