Wednesday, 4 August 2010

Yet Another

Lucy slept really well and didn't wake until near eight o'clock. As predicted the day did start out we so my plan on having a roast was a good one. Although it looked like the weather was going to get better as the day went on. 

Lucy sat with me and cuddled into me as we watch TV after breakfast. It was lovely to have those moments with her that pass too quickly as they grow up. She is so happy in the mornings that she is a delight to be with. 

Eventually she started playing in the family room. Riding her car around and her bike that I had remembered to get in the day before so it didn't get wet before sitting down again to watch Pappa Pig on the Mac mini while I started to get lunch ready. 

Over the morning I found out that Lucy staying again tonight while her mummy gets better, so we will have her for another couple of days. In a day exchange her mummy is having on Friday and Saturday, I know she has been missing her as I do when she is not here, but it is important she gets better.

Emily and Catherine surfaced at about eleven o'clock when Lucy decided it was time for them to get up and play with her. All I could her from downstairs was the lovely noise of them playing and laughing together. It something I will never tire of. I love my little family to bits.  

Everyone enjoyed their roast lunch although there was a disagreement between Emily and Catherine about who had the Chicken Leg which was solved by Emily in the end. I guess no family would be complete without the little fall out now and again but I know how much they all love each other.

Unfortunately the weather in the afternoon matched that of the morning so going out to the park or anything outside was struck off the list of things to do. The only place we had to go was the supermarket. 
At least we managed to get out somewhere even if it was just to the supermarket to get something for dinner. Lucy spotted the children's ride and jumped on and waited for me to put in a fifty pence piece. She loved her ride. Then it was off into the shop with Catherine pushing her around in the trolly while I filled it with all we needed. 

At the supermarket I brought some hot dogs for dinner. Always popular with the all the girls and some tinned fried onions as an experiment. I didn't think everyone would like them, and I was right, but Lucy loved them and kept coming to steal mine. 

After dinner everyone went off to play together. The action plan was to get rid of Lucy's last bit of energy so she got off to a good nights sleep. The plan worked and by the time bath time came along she was ready for bed.

Everyone helped out at bath time tonight and everyone had fun and Emily got her feet washed again. After a story from both Emily and Catherine it was time for bed. With a kiss and cuddle from everyone she loves it was off to sleep.


Just before bedtime Emily and Catherine got hungry again. I must say the Emily is really growing at the moment and is eating us out of house and home. We had brought some apple pies at the supermarket that we hadn't eaten and some custard to got with them. The both ate the custard for super before going off to the land of nod. Seems they are saving the pies for another day.

The day ended with a beautiful sunset promising a better day in the morning. Lets hope that promise is fulfilled for tomorrow Lucy goes back to her mummy in the evening who must have missed loads. 

No comments: