Friday, 27 August 2010

There's the Sun

At last a sunny day and just what we needed to get out of the house after all the rain of the last few days, but before we could go out there were a few things to do first in Oakham. 

The first of these was to pick up Lucy from from her mummies. This time I had Emily with me and it was lovely to she Lucy go hand in hand with her back to the car chatting away and asking were Catherine was. It was lovely to see her as always.


Emily was with me today because we needed to sort out her school uniform for next week when she starts her new school. She is getting really excited about it now and really looking forward to the new challenge. We went to the small children's clothes shop near the park. It's interesting the first thing Lucy said as we crossed the road was are we going to the sweet shop. Unfortunately it looked closed. Lucy was very good in the shop while Emily tired on the different sized clothes and picked the trousers she wanted. Emily looked so grown up in her uniform and I know she felt it too.


Once we had finished at the clothes shop it was off to the supermarket. Lucy wanted to go the the Thomas the Tank Engine ride and luckily I had a fifty pence piece. She really seems to be getting into Thomas the Tank Engine which gives me some idea's for Birthday presents. I know she has one Thomas the Tank Engine which she brought with her the other day with a pink toy car. In the supermarket we got Lucy some more princess pull ups, food for lunch and of course a few small sweets as a treat.


When we got home Lucy got a wonderful welcome for George before she went off to find Catherine to give her a cuddle. During the morning we played a postman game and her driving game in the garden with us filling her tank with petrol and fixing her car. Lucy also helped me by watering the plants and later she listened to some music with me. It lovely to watch them all playing together although they won't be together for another week.

For lunch we had ham with lovely fresh baked rolls. A firm favorite with everyone although I'm looking forward to the cooler weather of the autumn and having the same rolls with bacon and mushrooms. While they ate they watch Horrid Henry on DVD. Lucy's choice I might add. Good thing it is liked by all. And finally they had pudding, had another treat, this time donuts. Yes I was spoiling them but it the last time they will be together on a Friday for quite awhile with school starting next week.


After lunch it started to cloud over but that wasn't going to stop us as we headed out to Stamford to play in the park at the recreation ground. Even though it wasn't the warmest of days there were a lot of people there. I guess it was because it was the first chance to get out after all the rain and they didn't want to miss it, like us. Emily and Catherine were over the moon at being out of the house again and Lucy had a super time, especially on the big girl slide. The best thing for me was that we got Lucy back in the swing again, and instead of wanting to get straight out, we got her to smile and be pushed gently. I'm sure if we keep at it she will love the swing again. Emily and Catherine of course ended up on the big swing going as high as they could.


On the way home we popped into a supermarket to buy some drinks and while we were there we got some pizza for dinner. All the girls love pizza especially Lucy. Of course while we were there Lucy had to go on the Bob the Builder ride which loved so much the last time we visited the supermarket there. There was one difference this time for some reason Bob got a kiss from Lucy.


Although we only saw the sun briefly in Stamford it was out when we got home and it was turning into a lovely late afternoon and promising to be a nice evening. We started playing a phone game in the garden that spread into the house with Lucy making everyone talk to her on her toy phone. Finally I played the postman game again with me answering the mail Lucy sent me in funny voices. It was great fun. They all had dinner and then off Lucy went to play with Catherine until to it was time for her to get ready to leave.

Today there wasn't so much of a rush to get Lucy ready and just before she left and she asked Emily to read her a story. Emily read her Q Pottle 5 complete with voices. It was rather sweet. After finishing her milkshake the she spilt on her clean top, it was off to Oakham. We were welcomed by her sister Mary looking out the window for her with a white rabbit in her hand. It was lovely to see Mary's huge smile it warms your heart. I really hope Lucy has super long weekend with her mummy.

In the evening we had to go the hospital to sort out my thumb. Unfortunately there can't do anything yet and all I can do is wait for the nail I damaged to fall off. I think Emily and Catherine were rather disappointed in not seeing it taken off. That is children for you. I just wanted the pain to go away when I keep catching it.

I have had a smashing with everyone. Tomorrow the Emily and Catherine are going off to there mums in the morning. With me not having Lucy this weekend there is a chance to have some grown fun and get out and about and enjoy the last weekend in August.

No comments: