Monday, 9 August 2010

Holiday Time and Daddy Time

As predicted Emily and Catherine both got up early. I could hear them chatting and getting themselves dressed long before it was time to get up. When I did make it downstairs they were watching the television and counting down the minutes until it was time to leave. 

While I had my coffee, as well as being asked the time again and again, I was asked to get a long range weather forecast for where Emily and Catherine are going on holiday. Lucky for them it looks likes it is going to be mainly sunny for the whole time they are there. They are off to Skegness area for a family Holiday with their mothers side of the family. Possibly the last.

After a shave and shower it was off to go and get Lucy from her mummies. Catherine stayed at home and Emily came with me to take the rubbish from the cleaning down to the recycling centre. Lucy was so pleased to see Emily in the car, they normally stay at home now when I pick her up. They talked all the way to the recycling centre and all the way home. 


As soon as we got home it was time to for Emily and Catherine to get their stuff together for the holiday. I played with Lucy in the garden for the five minutes it took and off we went went down the walk again, only stopping to pick some blackberries for Lucy along the way. We headed up the A1 to Lincolnshire and the McDonald's at the junction of the A57. This was the point where I was dropping Emily and Catherine off. Ir was from here that they where continued their journey. As a trip it is not to bad and only takes about 50 minutes. The advantage of using it as a drop off point is the food is cheap so Lucy had something to eat before we headed home. I thought she might drop off along the way, but she didn't sleep at all. She chatted or just looked out the window until we got home. I was so impressed on how good she was in the car.

When we got home it was straight out with the toys and we started to play together. Sometime ago I got Lucy a patten matching game at the School bring and buy. She really hadn't shown much interest in it until today. We sat down together and started to play with it. Soon she started to get the idea of how to match the colours to the correct pictures. What was really good was that the game held her interest until the end. She didn't get distracted and wander off. We will have to play it again. 

Once we finished with this game we went into the family room and watched a bit of Peppa Pig on the computer before we headed out in the garden to play in the sun and on her tricycle. We had all the usual filling her tricycle with petrol and fixing it when it went wrong.


With the weather being so good it we couldn't miss the opportunity to go off to Oakham park and have some fun to enjoy the weather. So off we headed via the shops to pick up some drinks to take with us. As I expected it was quite busy but not to bad, Thankfully it was easy to find somewhere to park the car.


Lucy loves Oakham park and she goes there with her mummy and grandma too. It's nice to have space for her we all take her. Soon she was off on the small climbing frame and sliding and running down the slides. I was encouraging when she got to the bottom of the slide to play on the hop scotch by showing her what to do and she joined in with my game. Soon we were having a rest from the heat at the small table and drank our drinks before heading off to the roundabout. As usual she pushed me around before it was my turn to push her. When someone else came up to play on the roundabout she got off and offered to push them. This time it was for a little boy her was about six months younger than her. She is so good at pushing the younger children and does it so carefully. It made me smile. 


When we got home we watched some Pingu, before she decided that the toy box need to be investigated. Soon we were play office and she was answering the phone and passing it to me to join in. It was nice to see her using both the phone and her toy computer in the game. She would answer the phone, then go and type on the computer before answering and hanging up the call. 

The last thing we did before I had to go and cook dinner was read. In the toy box she found a Peppa Pig book and we read it again and again. In the end she was starting to tell me the story as she turned the pages.


After dinner it was out with the wooden train set. I made her a track and soon we were playing together and when it came to tidying up I wasn't allowed to put it away. I will have to remember to set up the track before she comes back again.
 
As always the time for Lucy to go back to her mummies came to soon for me. With the sweets we forgot on Sunday for her and her other sister we headed to Oakham and she was gone again until the next time we are together.


During the afternoon I got a phone call from Emily. Seems the place they are staying is fantastic and it is so big they have been given a map so they don't get lost. It was lovely when she said I she wished I could be there. I haven't been on a holiday with them since we went to Durham with Kiz before Lucy was born. The following summer my mum and died and Kiz was pregnant and when we did have the money we didn't go the year after, not that I didn't want to. I'm sure we will one day we will all have another holiday and this time Lucy will be there too.

It has been a lovely day with Lucy. I was sad to see the Emily and Catherine but know they are going to have a great time. 

No comments: