Monday, 2 August 2010

Together Again

As I have I have told you in a number of blog posts this was the first day that Emily, Catherine and Lucy had seen each other since the 23rd June. I know how much they miss each other so I was looking forward to them being reunited. 

I picked up Lucy at nine o'clock rather than the usual ten, since her mummy was unwell and need to go to the Doctors, and there was a chance that Lucy would be staying overnight. I must say Lucy's mummy did look tired and very poorly.

When we got home Lucy gave the Emily and Catherine lots of really big hugs and kisses. She was so pleased to see them again as they were to see her. For the morning I let them all play together and generally have fun. It didn't seem to be right to drag them out when they had so much catching up to do.

After lunch we headed out to the farm to see the animals there. It is always interesting to see how the baby pigs are doing and they all love it there. It was around lunch that I also found out we had Lucy overnight so her mummy could get the rest the Doctor had ordered.


When we arrived we head straight off for the pigs. They have separated the boy and the girls now into different pens now and closed the gap that use to allow them to get from one pen to another. It looks like they are on a high protein diet to help them grow faster. I know generally they are put in the fields, so one day we go and they won't be there.


After the pigs and the small animals we went to play games in the farm yard. They have a number of things that children can do like a ball rolling game, they can all play, and quoits. All farm themed. Of course there is also Lucy's favorite, a toy farm yard, which she played this with Emily today. They both had loads of fun, Emily building the farm and Lucy driving the tractors around.


Soon it was time to move out into the fields to see the animals there. Catherine, who loves horses, headed off to see the horses and the donkey while Emily and Lucy decided to see the goats. I must have said before how much Lucy loves the goats and the way they follow her around. True to form the goats did just that and soon Emily and Lucy were running along the fence and the goats were running after them and making them both laugh. Meanwhile Catherine was getting large handfuls of long fresh grass an was feeding the horse and the donkey. She was joined in this task by the other two who helped her feed the donkey. I have to remember to take some carrots next time, I know the donkey loves them.


When we had finished at the farm we headed off for Melton and the country park there. It was where they went the last time they had been together. As soon as we arrived Emily and Catherine ran off to seek out the ariel runway and the climbing park, while Lucy headed off to the playground. 


I stayed with Lucy while she played in the playground she had a smashing time on the slide going down on her tummy and backwards with really funny results. Of course she found a little friend to play with for a while which was fun to watch as she bossed them around, but after a while she wanted to find her sisters. So off we went hand in hand to the climbing park.


When we got there we found Emily and Catherine playing in the tree houses. It appears a family had taken over the ariel runway and they still waiting to have a go. We joined them in the tree houses and they all started to play. I must say Lucy's climbing is really coming on, she was well over half way up the ropes before she decided to head back down all on her own. She didn't even need me to help her down. I can see her getting to the top before long and needing someone to get her down. Eventually Emily and Catherine made it onto the ariel runway and had a great time playing on it together. 


We all had a great time in country park. It's just so much fun there and having toilets and a café means you can stay for hours on end. It also just a lovely place to sit and enjoy the day.

As a special treat for tea and as we were were in Melton we had a KFC for dinner. All the girls love KFC and it has to be my favorite of all the fast food chains. I just think it gives you best value for money when you compare it to the other chains if you buy the family buckets. They all loved their dinner and so did I. It really was finger licking good!

All to soon it was time for Lucy to go to bed. Emily helped me in the bath with Lucy. Lucy insisted on washing Emily's feet as I washed Lucy. Lucy was having a great time in the bath until it came to washing her hair. Normally she is alright with it but today she didn't like it one little bit. When we had dried her off it was off to bed. With her all tucked up, Emily read her a story and I gave out all the cuddles and kisses before I tucked her in again. She is such a good girl going to bed, I'm so proud of her.

Emily and Catherine had a great time with her and after she had gone to bed they settled down to watch a little TV and play the Sims 2 on the computer before going to bed themselves. 

Poor Lucy did have a tummy ache overnight, nothing major, but it woke her a couple of times during the evening before she finally dropped off. Not sure what caused it but I'm sure it will be gone by morning.

No comments: