Thursday, 5 August 2010

The Final Day of Four

This is the last day of four that Lucy has been with us. I must say it been such a pleasure to have her for so long. I know I will miss her when she is gone. Just like Emily and Catherine I love her to bits, I hope she knows that too. They are all special. I just wish it could have been different for her than it is now.

Anyway, it is late and I'm getting distracted. She woke just before eight o'clock and we went into our little routine; breakfast, a cuddle on the sofa while we watched children's television and of course a coffee for me. I don't function without a coffee in the morning.

During the morning Lucy played shops with me and with the railway track that her sisters had set up for her. It seems that the trains now have a sort of life of there own and she building up stories which she replays and replays. Emily tries to modify them but Lucy will none of it and instantly goes back to her own version of the story she has made up. Of course she also played outside when she could and we had the ritual of filling up her tricycle with petrol. She loves it outside they all do.


We had lunch as close to noon as I could get it to free up time for the afternoon. We hadn't had a big fried meal for ages, so it was out with the grill, griddle and the frying pan for sausages, bacon, eggs and beans. A traditional English breakfast if you add in the tomatoes, toast and a cup of breakfast tea. Even without the add on they all enjoyed their dinner and happily chatted as they ate.


In the afternoon we went off to Oakham park to wear out little Lucy and burn off all the food with some fun. I wanted Lucy to go back to her mummies more tried than full of excess energy because she said she hadn't been settling after she got back to her house.


As you must be well aware of by now if you have been reading the blog, Lucy just loves the park and Emily and Catherine just like to get out of the house. Any chance to go somewhere is warmly welcomed by all of them. Emily and Catherine went off to play on their own when they got to the park while Lucy headed straight for the playground. She was soon climbing. sliding and making friends. She seemed have fallen in love with the red spinning mushroom at one point which she guarded from anyone that wanted to play with it. She lay on it and spun herself slowly around and around. It wasn't long before she had me on the roundabout and was gently pushing me It was there that we met the women from number 12 Burley Road and her small son. He took my place on the roundabout and Lucy gently push him round with a little cheeky smile on her face, while we talked about the children. 


Eventually we were joined by Emily and Catherine who had finished playing on the swings and in the field. They both started playing on the large climbing frame with Lucy joining in their game the best she could. There is very little Lucy can't do now in the playground, and mostly it is her size that stops her not her ability to do it. The only thing Lucy didn't go on was the swing and I'm still not sure what gone on there. They all had a great time playing together. I just love it when they all help each other out and play like they did today. All too soon for everyone it was time to head home to get Lucy changed and packed.


Going back to mummies time for Lucy went well, although she didn't want to get dressed and somehow we had managed to hide one of her shoes she wears to go back to her mummies. She gave everyone a lovely hug and said she will be "back soon" which was rather sweet. I just love the way she say's "I love" you to people at the moment and she manage a few of those before she left too. Kiz seemed really pleased to see her again, although still poorly, when she opened the door and Lucy marched in with a big smile for her sister and a bag of sweets.

Dinner was a simple affair. Something quick to feed the masses and their hungry tummies. After all we did have a big lunch so there didn't seem much point in cooking something complex.

After dinner Emily and Catherine made up for the time they had missed out on the computers while Lucy was here by playing "The Sims". It was a nice way for them to relax before they went to bed and it meant the house was nice and quite and peaceful. 

I have had a great time with Lucy and I go the rest of did too. I know her mummy has missed her and I have done my best to let her know she is alright and I hoped it helped her not to worry about her too much. I know I miss not seeing or her everyday or not knowing what she has been doing, so I know how that feels. 

I know I loved having all my girls here and I can't wait to see her again before Emily and Catherine go on holiday on Monday morning. Roll on Sunday.

No comments: