Tuesday, 3 August 2010
Another Day Together
The day started Emily as it always does when Lucy comes to stay overnight to the shouts of "Daddy' from her bedroom. It wasn't long after that she appeared in the room and time me it was time to get up. While pulled on some clothes I sent her one a mission to find Catherine which she completed successfully.
Catherine made Lucy's breakfast, which they both ate beautifully at the table, while I had a coffee to start me day. Then after a wipe of the table off they both went to watch some early morning TV. Catherine in the family room watching CBBC while Lucy stayed with me and watch Pappa Pig on Channel 5.
Most of there morning was spent playing together, as Emily, the trainee teenager, didn't surface to well after ten o'clock, if not just before eleven. They played various games from shops inside to car outside in the garden. They seemed to have a lovely time in that I heard no falling out and when I saw them they were happy and smiling. Occasionally Lucy would turn up on her own and jump onto my lap and give me a big cuddle, which are always welcome.
During the morning I got a text asking me to have Lucy for another night. Lucy's mummy still needs more time to get on the mend. There was no real problem accepting and I asked Lucy if she minded staying another night and she didn't. It was the answer I was expecting. I hope her mummy gets well soon. She must missing her. I know I do when I don't see her.
When Emily eventually surface, they all played before it was time to get everyone ready to go out to enjoy the afternoon and to get some lunch. Today's trip out to eat, probably the last to eat for a while, to McDonald's in Stamford, and after a hearty lunch was had by all before we set off for the park.
Back at the start of July Lucy went to the recreation ground in Stamford on a very hot day. So hot you could hardly move with the heat. While we were there I thought what a good park it would make for all of the girls to play in, there is a play area for the smaller children and another play area near by for older children. Just the sort of place we needed for the summer and that is where we headed today.
Lucy headed straight for the smaller children's play area with Catherine to start with. Catherine encouraged her to go on the slide and some of the other rides before she went off to find Emily who was in the other part of the park. What was really odd was when Lucy got me to push her on the swings she was really scared, especially when just the other week she was asking me if she could go higher and higher on the swings and loving it. I wonder what has happened. Anyway she had great fun on the single person roundabout and the bouncing ladybird.
Meanwhile Emily and Catherine started to play on the large climbing frame with Emily seeing if she could climb on to the highest point. Which of course she achieved we ease. After a while they both managed to corner the big swing and were trying to get as high as they could. They nearly managed to get it to into a horizontal position as you can see in the picture above.
Lucy not to be out done and not one to miss out on some fun wanted to try the big climbing frame to. About the only thing she could do was the slide and the walk way, her only problem was how to get there. That'w where daddy's coming in. With a little help getting her up onto one of the platforms she was off climbing on her own, walking across the walk way and sliding down the slide. She loved it and did it time and time again.
It is a lovely park and this time of year in full bloom. There is a wonderful bandstand and I do wonder if they have bands at the weekends like they do in Oakham. As for the children there is loads for them to do. Shame there is no cafe but you can play mini golf if you have the time.
On the way home we popped to the supermarket for supplies and pull-ups for Lucy. She was really good round the shops and I have started to get her to help me by getting things off the selves. We have only just started so she needs a bit of direction but she will get there soon enough.
When we got home from the shops it was time to cook some dinner for everyone. Lucy helped by getting things out of the fridge and cupboards for me before she went off to play in the garden while I did the actual cooking. I love it when we all sit down and have dinner together, it just wonderful they way they all talk and chat. A real family occasion.
Tonight Catherine helped me in the bath with Lucy and was really good at distracting Lucy while we did her hair. It worked really well until we had to rinse off the front of her hair when she guessed what we were up to and wanted to get out. Still it was an improvement on yesterday and we soon get it back to normal.
After we got her dried and ready for bed Emily and Catherine both read her stories before she sat on my knee for her final story. With a kiss and a cuddle from all the people important in her little life she snuggled down to bed with her toy dog and fell asleep.
Meanwhile downstairs, Emily and Catherine, were busy cleaning up the family room and putting the toys away from the living room before they had some supper and went to bed after a bit of time on the computers and watching TV.
The weather looks set to be wet in the morning so I'm doing everyone a roast for lunch and if the sun comes out I'm sure we will make a park or maybe two.
It has been great having Lucy for two nights and it might be a third if her mummy's still needs rest. If that happens we will can always rearrange the end of the week so Lucy gets time with her mummy from the day's I normally have her.




No comments:
Post a Comment