Friday, 20 August 2010
Windy Day
When I work up the wind was blowing through the trees and if it was wasn't for the warmth in the air you would have thought it was autumn with it cloudy skies and brisk breezes. I was just glad the weather forecast for rain proved to be wrong and the rain was mainly blown away by the wind.
I was first out of bed by miles and even the George was asleep in his bed and didn't even stir as I came down to make a coffee to wake myself up. As I sat, I pondered what the day ahead would bring and what we could do with such a grey day. I didn't want them all to be stuck indoors all day. We will have enough of that to come when the summer is over.
I picked Lucy from her mummies at the normal time. It was lovely to see her. She just talked and talked. I love the way she wants to tell me all that it important to her. It just warms my heart and brings a big smile to my face. Today we set off to the CoOp to get some food for lunch and some petrol for the car. She was so good round the supermarket and she got some sweets herself and her big sisters and we had to wait ages at the petrol station.
When we got home Lucy went to straight to find Emily and Catherine to give them their sweets, she had already eaten hers on the way home. Thier faces lit up when they saw her and the both gave her a big hug and thank for the sweets to which Lucy replied "you're welcome". Soon they were all playing in the family room together expect for the occasional visit to sit on my lap and give me a nice long cuddle.
For lunch they all had ham sandwiches in the family room, and we discovered the Lucy has a love of sweet pickle. She was trying to get Catherine to spoon it on to the side of her plate so she could eat it with the clean spoon she got from the kitchen.
In the afternoon we headed out to Oakham park at Emily and Catherine request. They wanted to go there with Lucy and mentioned it yesterday while we were there with me. It was lovely to see Lucy pushing Emily around on the roundabout and having so much fun. Emily was really impressed at how fast little Lucy could push her. They all had a great time at the park together.
Just before we left Emily started playing with a little girl and ended up looking after her for her mother while she checked to see if it was her car alarm going off. She is turning into a lovely young person and I'm so proud of her when she plays and looks after the younger children.
After the park popped to the supermarket to get some food for dinner and some ice lollies for being so good at the park. I also thought it might cool them off in the muggy air of the afternoon before we set off back home.
For dinner the girls had southern fried chicken, mini roast potatoes and sweet corn. Lucy loves sweet corn and was soon trying acquire as much as she could from every source possible. For puddling they all had another ice lolly each. Too soon it was time to get Lucy dressed again and returned to her mummy. I got a lovely big cuddle and "I love you daddy" before she knocked on her mummies door and was gone again until the morning.
After I got back from dropping Lucy off, for the last time on a friday, the Emily and Catherine were playing between watching television. Unfortunately the plans I had evening didn't workout, so that will have to wait for another day, and so the highlight of their evening was Eastenders, after which they helped clean the toys away and emptied and refilled the dishwasher for me. Before long it was time for bed and off they went.
I had a great day with them all even if I did feel sad towards the end of the day when Emily found a get well soon card to my mum she looked at and put away before died. It took me back to a time when life was so so different and sadness of losing one person was replaced with the joy of the arrival of other. It was a time I don't remember too well. I was too busy looking after everyone especially after my mum died and before Lucy arrived.
The weather looks at best changeable for tomorrow, but I hope it is mainly dry so we can go out to one of the country parks in Northamptonshire, they look really nice and it will be a good excuse for picnic, as if we needed one.
No comments:
Post a Comment