Monday, 16 August 2010
Three Girls and a Dog
Poor little Lucy must have been exhausted from seeing her sisters yesterday, she didn't wake until I got her up. A rare thing indeed. Gently as she lay asleep I stroked her cheek and slowly her little eyes open and looked me full in the face and a big wide grin appeared on her face. Slowly she got out of bed and onto her feet and gave me the most lovely hug and said "I love you Daddy". I hope this is one memory that will never fade with time.
After our hug we went off to find Emily and Catherine and try and get them out of bed. Now in one case, Catherine, that wasn't hard but in the other case, Emily, it mission impossible. Teenage tendencies are really starting to kick in.
With Catherine up, and Emily still in bed we headed downstairs to make some breakfast and it was long before Lucy and Catherine were watching some morning television while laying on the sofa together. After a while Lucy decided Emily should get up and she marched upstairs shouting "Get up Emily, it's morning". When I got there Emily was still hiding under the covers so I pulled Emily bedding off so she had to get up. Lucy found it all highly amusing and then wanted to get into her bed and give her a morning hug.
With them all awake they all went into the family room together and started to play together until it was time to have lunch. I cooked the girls a meal so we had more time out in the afternoon. The cloudy cool morning turned into a lovely hot afternoon and we wanted to make the most of it.
After lunch we headed out to Melton Mowbray to the country park with Catharine in the back seats of the car with George. George really doesn't like the car but with someone to sit with him he settles eventually. You just have to make sure that the person in the back has some thing to cover their legs so he doesn't hurt them with his claws.
As soon as we arrived Lucy and Catherine headed of together for the children's play area while Emily and George headed out to the fields to get some exercise. The weather was lovely and after a while Lucy and Catherine went to the café together to buy and ice cream to cool down. When they came back we all sat on the grass after moving away from the tables because of the wasp's which Lucy really dislikes. It wasn't long before we spotted Emily and George running together in the fields before she headed off to the woods. After Lucy and Catherine had finished their ice creams they went off to the children's play area and were having a great time when Emily reappeared. Emily was thirsty so another trip to the café was in order for drinks which they all drank in the shade of the trees. They were happy to stay there until Lucy wanted to walk George to and headed back out into the fields with Emily she was having a lovely time. It was lovely to see them all so happy together. Eventually with little George needing a rest they all went off to the climbing area for some more fun before finally going to the stepping stones to play before we headed home. It was a lovely way to spend the afternoon.
On the way home we popped into the supermarket in Melton and got the things we needed for Dinner and for tomorrow. Emily stayed in the car to look after George, while Catherine and Lucy came with me. Lucy instead on carrying the basket for me until I put something in it. Then she went hand in hand with Catherine round the shop stopping to buy a bag of sweets for everyone for after dinner. They were both so good in the shop and very helpful.
For Dinner I made everyone hot dogs, they all love them with lashings of tomato ketchup and in Lucy's case with onions too. It's nice to do finger foods once in a while even if I do miss having them round the table. It just nice to eat informally while watch television or playing. You just have to make sure George is out the way to stop him nicking everyones food.
I felt sad having to take Lucy back to her mummies, I really wanted to see a bit more of her, but I know her mummy misses her as much as I do when I don't see her. We had a lovely time in the car on the way there and I played music to her and we danced. As I got her out the car all the pennies she had in her car seat fell out and we had to pick them up. So with money and sweets in hand she trotted off inside the house until we meet again.
When I got home I made a call to Catherine's and Emily's mum. Catherine has been rather moody of late and I needed to discuss it with her. I'm sure it is a phase and I remember Emily going through the same thing at the same age and she has now grown out it. Just thought it was best if we tackled it together and if we both talk about her to her feeling may be we can make this time pass a bit easier for her.
Before bed the girls relaxed and caught up on some of the television they missed while enjoying a ice cream milkshake to fill their tummies before bed.
I really enjoyed having Lucy again for three nights and four days in a row. It is lovely to see her and not have to worry about the time. I feel it makes us much closer and I know that Emily and Catherine find that too. I just wish I had her over night more often. I would see her everyday if it was possible.
Finally it was nice to get a thank you text for having her. I hope she settles well for her mummy. I should get a text in the morning letting me know, well I asked.
No comments:
Post a Comment