Sunday, 15 August 2010
Reunions
At last the weather was better and the rain had stopped. I was greeted by a very smily face when I went into Lucy's room. She beamed from ear to ear and got up and gave me a cuddle before gathering her things together before we headed downstairs. I could get use to this, although I don't think it will happen again for a very long time the way things are.
We had breakfast together and watched a bit of Tiny Tot's together before we headed outside into the morning sun to play. She played on her tricycle and I filled it up and repaired it. It was nice to be outside with her again. We even did some drawing together on the table in the garden. She is at the "I can't do it" stage now and she just needs the encouragement to challenge herself. She can do them, it's just she thinks she can't do them as well as I can do them. If you get past that with her she does really well, especially when it comes to drawing faces. Eventually the the church bells started ringing and she was interested by the sound. I guess she had really never noticed them before with Emily and Catherine here to entertain her. She kept asking about where the sound was coming from and I explained what they were and why they were ringing.
Recently I have discovered "Nightclub City' on Facebook and I have been playing it on and off for the last few days. Lucy loves it because of the music and now she is quite taken with Lindsey Ray. She loves the song in the video below and was dancing away to it for me to make me smile. I love the way she loves music. I hope it stays with her always. Music means so much to me. We had a great time together in the morning.
Lunch was a simple affair. For Lucy I did a pizza while experimenting with bacon and cheese panini's that turned out to be rather lovely. I fried the smoke bacon then put on top of the cut panini and covered it with cheese. Then I put the both half's of the panini under the grill to melt the cheese and toast the top of the panini. It really was nice. I will really have to do it for Emily. As for Catherine the same thing but with ham. Lucy seemed to love it too, she ate enough of mine after she finished her pizza.
After lunch we played for while before it was time to pop to the supermarket to get the bits I had forgotten the day before. I really should try shopping lists, if only I could be bothered to write them. There seems more important things in life. Lucy was really helpful in the shops and very good. What is funny for someone that was always charming people with her eyes she has become so shy. I guess it just a phase, but when we got the checkout she was hiding behind my legs until she decided the checkout girl was no threat and she gave her a big smile. It is just like her other sister Mary.
When we got back we just had time to put the shopping away before heading out again. This time it was to pick up Catherine and Emily and bring them back home.
The drive up the A1 towards Lincoln was nice and easy for a summer Sunday. The traffic was light for the most part and there wasn't too many lorries to get in the way. As soon as we got in McDonald's Lucy spotted Emily and Catherine and made a run for Emily and jumped on her lap and cuddled her. I'm sure she would have done the same to Catherine if only she could have got her, instead she gave her a big kiss from across the table. On the way back the story was much the same. You could really see how they all missed each other and how being together brought them great joy. It was so funny when Emily put her sun glasses on Lucy, boy did they all laugh.
When we got home I started to cooking dinner for everyone while they got on and made up for lost time. The noise levels in the house had increased ten fold, but who cares as long as they are enjoying themselves. There was a lot of playing to be done. Before long they were all sitting at the table eating, chatting and laughing. They loved the ice cream milkshakes I made them for pudding as a coming home treat.
Bedtime was wonderful. Catherine helped bath Lucy and then came the magical time, bedtime. I read a story to Lucy and soon everyone was laughing and smiling. It was so lovely to see them react to my silly voices and sound effects. Catherine read the story again to Lucy with her own version of the voices and sound affects with the same results. For Lucy's last story I had to calm things down and emptied the room and after her kisses and cuddles it was off to sleep.
After Lucy went to bed, Catherine and Emily started catching up on the television they had missed while they were away on holiday. They have so many things they watch now it will take the ages to get back up to date. It wasn't long before they headed up the stairs to join there little sister in the land of nod it time to move bedtime back for the start of the new school year.
It is lovely to have all the girls back together if it is only for 24 hours. I hope the weather is fine tomorrow so they can all have some fun outdoors rather than being stuck inside all day.




No comments:
Post a Comment