Monday, 13 December 2010
Artist of the Week - Train
This time it is the turn of a band I came across by accident while waiting on the phone to speak to someone at Orange. There music was playing in the background and I instantly liked the song "Hey, Soul Sister" and then I heard the song "Words" which I would have included as the third video if I had found a decent version on Youtube (LQ Live version). The band in question is Train and I'm really looking forward to listening to more of their music.
They are a band that pushes all my buttons in that they sound great live as well as in a studio and they record great songs. I'm just amazed I have never noticed them before, but then again for some reason they have never done well in the charts in general although their music does have the quality to make the top ten. What I don't understand is what is stopping them getting to were they deserve to be in the charts.
Train is an American rock band from San Francisco who formed back in 1994. The band currently comprises a core trio of Patrick Monaha, Jimmy Stafford, and Scott Underwood who have been in the band since it was formed. To date they have released five albums with the first being simply called "Train" which hit the shops in 1998, however it was their second album "Drops of Jupiter" that brought the band to the public attention and the title track was an international hit and won two Grammy Awards in 2002. This success continued for the following two albums until the band took a break from recording after a tour in 2006. It wasn't until 2009 when they reformed and released their current album "Save Me, San Francisco" that they worked together again.
I hope you seek them out and have a listen to their music on Youtube. I think they are well worth spending some time on as you get out and about over the next week. Even if you just listen to their latest album "Save Me, San Francisco" it will be worth it. That is what is what I will be doing until next week when there will be another "Artist of the Week".
Posted by
Roy
Labels:
Artist of the Week,
Music,
Video
No comments:
Post a Comment