Saturday, 11 December 2010
Winter Sun
When I got up all the snow was gone, in fact it was the first thing that Lucy said too, and the sun was shining and it looked like it was going to be a lovely winters day in Langham. Bright and warm compared to what it has been like of late. You could feel the temperature difference in the air and it felt decidedly warmer.
The morning started off with Lucy waking up first followed by Catherine who made breakfast for herself and Lucy after she got a good morning hug. They both sat down at the table to eat while I got on with finishing off the cleaning that we had all started the night before. Putting the dish washer on and clearing the back log of washing up for the night before. Soon the girls took themselves off to the family room and snuggled under Lucy's blanket and watched some television while I sat down and woke up with a nice cup of coffee. There is nothing like the first coffee of the day. It has to be the best drink of the day.
At ten Catherine's Maths tutor came around for his last visit and she sat down at the table to have her extra math lesson. I must say that the one to one tuition has worked and you can see how her confidence has grown in maths as well as he willingness to admit to others when she is stuck and needs help. Listening to her with her teacher I'm convinced it not lack of ability that stops her more that she doesn't want to put people out by asking them questions when she doesn't know what to do.
It was during Catherine's lesson that Lucy decided to get Emily out of bed. She rushed up stairs into emily and Catherine's room and proceeded to tell Emily about the weather and told it was time to get up. Emily wanted to go back to sleep but Lucy was having none of it and soon the pair were downstairs together and playing in the family room until Catherine finished her lesson.
I get the feeling that Emily was pleased to have Catherine with her in the family room. She was starting to look rather pale and it was clear she wasn't herself. This was conformed when she took herself off to bed and when I went up to find out if she was alright she was hot to the touch. Once I had checked her temperature it was clear she was a little above the norm and so I gave her some medicine to lower her temperature and hopefully make her feel better and she took herself off to bed.
For lunch we all had soup and some nice fresh bread to keep us warm and fill up our tummies the exception being Emily who really didn't feel like eating at all. It so unlike Emily not to eat or be so unwell that she spends time in bed. It's just not the way she is. She hardly ever ill at all. So something was clearly wrong.
After lunch Catherine and Lucy went to take George for a little walk around the village and when they got back they took themselves off to the family room to play. As always all I could hear was the two of them having fun and every so often I would Lucy would appear for a cuddle. Meanwhile Emily had fallen asleep upstairs despite the noise coming from downstairs. Little Lucy kept asking where she was I explained she was poorly and that she just needed some rest. Thankfully it worked and she didn't go and check on her every five minutes. I know she misses Emily when she isn't about.
For dinner we had a chicken curry with pilau rice and garlic nan bread. Another nice meal to keep us warm on a winters day. It was lovely and everyone seemed to enjoy it, even Emily managed to eat some despite being ill. Lucy in particular liked the the nan bread and asked me for more from my plate. With the main meal out of the way it was time for pudding which is always a highlight for the girls whatever it happens to be.
With the evening fast approaching there was a little bit of time for Lucy to play and burn off dinner before it was time tidying up and for her bath. She had a lovely time with Emily in the bath while I got all her bits together that she had managed to spread around the house. In particular she has become the mistress of losing her juice bottle which never turns up in the same place twice. After her bath I went up to dry her off and get her ready for bed as everyone read her a story. Even Emily managed to read "I don't like Peas". So with kisses and cuddles from those she loves she fell asleep and not a peep was heard from her all night. I just love having her here it feels so right to have your children around you.
With Lucy all tucked up in bed and by the power of a Freeview box with a hard disk we all settled down to watch the first part of the final of the X-Factor. I must say that although it has been good this year it felt like something was missing, although I can't put my finger on what it was. I'm not sure if it is the show or just something in me. All the same I still enjoyed it and so did everyone else. I can't wait to see who wins tomorrow but more about tonights show in a another post.
It has been a lovely day and I love having them altogether. I know one day they will all be grown up but until then I intend to enjoy being a Daddy until the flee the nest. I especially enjoy all the cuddles from Lucy's and the occasional from ones from Emily and Catherine. It's just so nice and I wouldn't be without any of them. They are all beautiful.
No comments:
Post a Comment