Wednesday, 22 December 2010

A White Start

I guess it shouldn't have come as a surprise that when I woke up this morning the Langham was covered in snow again. About four inches had fallen overnight and it was still falling lightly as I got up to the sound of Lucy singing in her bedroom. It was a lovely sound and as I entered her room she peeked around the side of her bed with the biggest smile ever which got even bigger as she saw the snow.


As soon as we got downstairs, Lucy was itching to get outside but there was breakfast to have first which she had with Catherine at the dining room table. As soon as she was finish Catherine and myself got her ready go outside to put her footprints in the virgin snow. Soon they were both outside playing. Lucy was trying to get Catherine snow balls but Catherine was just too quick for her and always managed to get out of the way in time. After a bit George joined them and you should have seen Lucy laugh and giggle as he ran and frolicked in the snow as she tried to chase him. They both had a lovely time until they just got to cold to stay out any longer.


Once inside they both went into the family room were Emily was using the computer to play one of her games. At first they both settled down under blanket and watched some television while they warmed up again before playing with the toys which were soon scattered around the floor. Lucy and Catherine had a grand time with Emily joining in when she felt like she was missing out on the fun. They played like this until lunchtime when I brought them in plates of bacon and sausage sandwiches to fill there hungry tummies.


The afternoon was much like the morning. Catherine and Lucy went out in the snow again for a bit until they got too cold and at one point Lucy settled down to watch a film before coming in to see me for an extended cuddle.  I love giving her cuddles and we have a really nice chat which I love. It is great the way her use of language is coming on now and she is lovely company with little sayings and ways. Just before dinner she started playing on the Xbox 360 with Catherine. They had a fun together and I was surprised how quickly she picked up the basic movement controls so she could follow Catherine's character around the screen.


Just before we ate again I set another fire so it would be all snuggly while they had their dinner and before it was time for Lucy to have bath which came all to soon. With a full tummy Lucy had her bath. She had a wonderful time time playing with me in the bath, making us drinks and washing her face which we have taught her to do. Finally it was off to bed for stories and sleep after her kisses and cuddles from all the special people. All the time she has been here she has slept like a dream, I hope she sleeps the same way again tonight.


After Lucy had gone to bed Catherine was joined by Emily on the Xbox 360 for a while before Emily got on with wrapping some very important presents before bed. With those done they both headed off to their bedroom to pack and go to bed to get some sleep and hopefully to dream of the Christmas to come which I hope is a happy one.

I have had a super time with the girls the last four days. It has been lovely to have them all here again and it really makes the place feel almost complete. I love the way they have all got on and had a laugh and a giggle. It hasn't been without incident but they have all been minor and quickly sorted. I hope they have all had as much fun as I have had being with them all. It is all going to be so different after they leave tomorrow for Christmas. For one thing it will be my first Christmas without one or more my Children in over ten years.  

No comments: