Sunday, 12 December 2010
Poorly People
Sunday was a relatively quiet day with Emily being poorly and Catherine joining her in the poorly stakes latter in the day. Thankfully Lucy seems to have escaped it and I hope it stay's that way. Emily and Catherine were both being careful not to pass it on to her. They both had a minor temperature and a sore throat and in the case of Emily you could hear it in her voice. It was clear all they wan't to do was lay about and do nothing.
Lucy was first up by a long way and I got up with her and made her some breakfast before she snuggled down in her blanket to watch children's television while she woke up. This gave me the chance to relax and have a coffee and read the news on the BBC website. It wasn't long before she came to find me and we played for a while in the Living room and awaited everyone else to get up. Eventually Catherine joined us and Lucy went back in the family room to keep her company and play while she watched television laying on the sofa. It was nearly eleven by the time Emily appeared although feeling a little better she was till quite poorly and very quiet for Emily. All this didn't stop Lucy having a good time and she was smiling even if the other two weren't.
To keep things simple we had hot dogs for lunch instead of a roast dinner, one of which had already had with Lucy on friday. It also meant that Lucy got more time to play in the afternoon and I got to see more of her not being stuck in the kitchen cooking for everyone. It was lovely to see her playing. I had a great time with her making me smile and laugh with her little ways. She is a real little character and I love her to bits.
The time of her departure from Langham came too soon and we had to get her ready to return to Oakham. As usual we had to hunt high and low for her juice bottle and somehow I missed out on washing the socks she came in so I had put in a pair of ours on her to send her back in. With her bag packed and on her back we set off down the walk together chatting as we went. In her bag she had some sweets in her pocket for her sister and herself and the case to her mummies white PSP that I washed after finding it a few days earlier. I didn't know I even had the case, I thought I had given it back ages ago, I hope she is glad to see it again.
The trip to Oakham always seems so much shorter when I'm dropping off Lucy and the drive home all to long. The drop off well and was very smooth and after saying goodbye and that I love her she was gone again for a few more days. It was just before I got home that something spooky happened that I can't explain at all. All weekend the radio on the car had been witched off and just as I parked it started to play "My Skin" by Natalie Merchant (link). It was one of those moments send shivers up and down your spine. It was just too freaky. The car radio has never done that before and hasn't since.
Most of the rest of the day was spent looking after the poorly people and cooking the Sunday Lunch we ended up having for Sunday Dinner. Today it was roast chicken and all the trimming although the poorly people didn't eat too much of it they were both off their food. George didn't mind as he did well out of it.
The evening until bedtime was taken up watching the final of the X-Factor. Emily was a little disappointed One Direction only made third place but Catherine wasn't so bothered who won as her favourite Cher had left the night before. We all enjoyed it and any of them would have made worthy winners. As soon it was finished it was off to bed for Emily and Catherine who both fell straight to sleep.
It has been a quiet weekend with Emily and Catherine being ill. I don't think either of them will make it to school in the morning somehow however much they want to go. They just aren't up to it. Not sure what to make of the spooky event but it is not a good idea to ask about such things sometimes. I had loads of strange experiences in life, especially in the last year, and that is one to add to the list.
No comments:
Post a Comment