Thursday, 2 December 2010

More Music 2

There are so many great artists out there that are signed to independent and major labels, most of which we never notice but all have their own fan base mainly in their country of origin and never make it onto the wider music scene just because they didn't get the breaks or because they are not promoted outside their country of origin. All the same this does diminish their talent or the hard work they put into their art. Here are a few artists that as new me at least who I have come across in the last few weeks.


Tim Easton for example who is a fine example of the sort of music that is coming out of the independent lables at the moment. I love the way that you could go and see someone like Tim Easton in a bar or a pub and end up having the time of your life. The music is so intimate that when you listen to the live songs you just connect and want to be there and join in the experience. He won has won three independent music awards and despite this success he is hardly known of outside of America.


The next artist plays a more unusual instrument, Lili Haydn is an accomplished violinist who by the age of 15 was playing in the Los Angeles Philharmonic orchestra and she makes wonderful use of this talent in her compositions. She has been described as "the Jimi Hendrix of the violin" and from what I have heard of her music so far, that is not far off the mark. The energy and she puts into her work is amazing and you can see why she either opened played for, sung with, and played for many of the great names in music.


The final artist is Greta Gaines who was the winner of the Women's Extreme Snowboarding World Championship in 1982 it was during this time she started playing guitar and writing songs. This led to her dream job of presenting MTV’s Sports and Music Festival which combined her love of music, extreme sports, adventure, travel, lifestyle and the environment. This time marked the start of her artistic career and like everything she has done in life it is done with passion. I belive you can hear that passion in her music and that is what attracted me to her music.

I hope you too have found something new to listen too and know I have and I will keep searching for new music all the time. Look out for more in the "More Music" blog posts that are sure to follow.

No comments: