Saturday, 14 January 2012

A Quiet House

I will never get totally use to weekends when the house is so quite. I still love having my children about too much. There really does make the place come alive and I love the hustle and bustle of the days they are here. It is part of why I moved here to create a home for a family that is fun. Gosh, how times have changed since then but will still have fun.


Catherine and Emily are at their mums in Leeds and little Lucy is at her mummies in Leicester. I'm left here with the George and we are spending the day just chilling as Emily would say. When I'm alone in the house like this just seems so quiet, you hardly hear a noise from the outside world. I listened to Southend United win away against Northampton, watched a film on the computer, and listened to music to fill the rest of the day. Although the weather is sunny, but cold, there isn't a spare penny for doing anything else, however much I want to get out it's not going to happen for a while.

Money is getting so tight at the moment and I;m worried that there is a possibility of not being able to afford petrol to ferry the children about as the weather turns cold. It really will depend how much we can save while staying warm. I hope we can manage to find the money for next weekend because we all enjoy being together and seeing Lucy is so so important to me. I miss having them together as a family unit and that will never change, but it is the best I can do from a situation I never wanted or expected. I love everyone so much.

Hopefully a job will come along soon, and other things will improve too. I'm doing all I can and just hope someone notices me soon. In the job hunt it is demoralising sending out CV after CV and still being stuck at home. I love working and always have and I love all my family too.

10 comments:

Ian said...

I hope you find the money from somewhere. I know how much seeing Lucy means to you, especially since the move.

Anonymous said...

You must see her, it will mean the world to her. It so unfair it is like this. You don't deserve it.

Anonymous said...

Of course you will find a job, just give it time and keep trying.....

Anonymous said...

Great blog:)

Anonymous said...

You write from your heart. I like that :-)

Roy said...

Thanks for the compliments. As for Lucy I am waiting for the long range weather forecast tomorrow. Basically if we have another cold spell next week during the day then it's going to be hit and miss. There is no way I will miss out on seeing her unless I can't afford the fuel at all. She means to much to me as do all the people I love in my life.

Anonymous said...

How is it looking for the weekend?

Roy said...

Just checked and it is looking good as far as the weather is concerned. A bunch of mild days coming up which should reduce the gas usage compared to the week that has just gone by. Still we will have to be careful.

Anonymous said...

We all have to be careful.

Roy said...

You are right, we do, since the banks messed up the economy and the government bailed them all out because there wasn't anything else they could do. They have left us all with higher fuel prices and food prices while freezing wages and cutting jobs in the public sector. Lets hope the mild weather comes back soon and replaces the cold weather we have now.