Wednesday, 18 April 2012
Hope Murphy
On Saturday I selected someone called Hope Murphy as act of the week and instead of selecting the cover on the show as a video I picked one of her own songs. I'm not sure she will win the show, you know what the British public are like, bust she deserves some attention from the independent record labels. So here are some of her own works rather than covers to add weight to the argument.
I find myself, asking the question will winning the show be good for her? Once she is taken in to the Simon Cowell music machine I wonder ifl she be allowed to develop her own style without having some style imposed upon her She is still young and developing musically. She is clearly a talented singer and songwriter, she just needs work to find a style that is her own. To do that she needs someone that will be in there for the long haul and not for the quick buck. Simon Cowell and his music machine might be the wrong thing for her at this stage.
If she does win, or Simon Cowell takes her under her wing, I hope I am wrong in whatmy fears I have expressed here. Simon Cowell has a good ear for singers and I have seen do wonders to people he rates on TV talent shows, like American Idol, but I sometimes wonder if he is to quick to exploit them and make them conform what he feels people want. If he has such a young artist he needs to given them time to develop so they have a future in the music industry and don't have to appear on the The Voice ten years later hoping to restart their careers after a being a one album wonder.
No comments:
Post a Comment