Monday, 16 April 2012
M is for Music - David Bowie
Continuing the theme of live music from last week we have another of the artists I have seen live over the years that were as good in person as they are on record we have David Bowie. Now past his peak but when I saw him he was still in prime.
I saw him at the old Sunderland Football ground, before they built the new Stadium of Light. It was an amazing show and the atmosphere was simply fantastic. After a couple of supporting acts David came on and the place became alive. It was just amazing to be there and to here him sing and perform classics as well as newer songs from more recent albums.
Now his voice like many of his generation has lost that edge and power it once had, but all the same, I would love to see him perform again in a smaller venue, and for those big numbers we have loads of live recordings of his shows.
No comments:
Post a Comment