Thursday, 26 April 2012
A Lost Weekend - Music Festival
Continuing the theme of of up and coming festivals in the local area this year there is a new music festival in Rutland. Organised by Richard Garton it is attrachted attracted sponsorship from The Grainstore Brewery, hmvtickets, and gigamtic. It looks like it going to be a fun event.
The festival runs from 20th until the 22nd July and will be located at Sykes Lane site near the banks of Rutland Water. Given the location it will be one of the most picturesque music festivals in the country. The festival has been named "A Lost Weekend " and it has attracted enough acts to keep two stages busy for the three days. In fact there were enough acts to keep even more stages busy, but I guess it is it first year. It is hoped that it will attract around three thousand music fans a day.
Personally I think it is a wonderful idea and the site is ideal for the people of the three nearby cities, Peterborough, Nottingham and Leicester, as well as for the people of Rutland itself. The nearest music festivals to Rutland are ones like Summer Sundae and Glastonbudget all based in Leicester. Not sure I will make as the cost is out of my league at the moment, but hopefully it will run again next year and I can get along and see some of the bands. It is just what I need, I love live music and maybe I can take all the girls.
Posted by
Roy
Labels:
Muisc,
Rutland,
Rutland Water

No comments:
Post a Comment