Tuesday, 17 April 2012
X Factor - Mr Bore Returns
According to the press it would appear that, Take That star Gary Barlow, aka Mr Bore, is return to the judging panel of the this years X Factor. Gary Barlow himself tweeted: “I’m so happy to tell you all that I’m back on the X Factor this year! See you at auditions.". I'm sure all his fans will be glad to know he is back, but personally I feel he had more to do with the failure of last years show than anyone else on the panel.
According to Simon Cowell's biographer Tom Bower, Simon was outraged by the last series of The X Factor and almost sacked Gary Barlow as a judge after feeling that the show was boring and stale. A statement of fact that I agree completely with, and one of the big reasons was Gary Barlow. He was given the role of head judge and he came across as being boring, scripted and uninspiring. He seemed to lack the personality to pull off the role he had been given on the show.
According to press reports Barlow was signed a deal worth as much as £2 million to return to the hit show and increase of half a million from last year. To be honest I think Simon Cowell is wasting his money, I would have charged him for being on the show after last years performance not paid him more. In my opinion Gary Barlow should stick to what he does best, singing and song writing, and give up his career in television, because he just doesn't make the grade.
I'm not going to write off this years show off yet but this isn't a good start. There are far better people out there than Gary Barlow to judge the show. Let's hope Simon Cowell has something up his sleeve to save the X Factor, but after this move and last years contestants who were almost unwatchable and so untalented, that even independent labels weren't interested in them, things aren't looking good.

No comments:
Post a Comment