Friday, 27 April 2012

Short Day

It is that friday when the girls are together for the weekend, although this one is slightly shorter than most. With Lucy returning from her holiday today the time she is spending with us with me is a little shorter than normal.


After a busy day it was around mid afternoon before I set out for the city. I could have set off a little earlier as it turned out but I had left it a little too late to send a text to her mummy to confirm the pick up time. I still had things to do. Although it was nice to know I could have picked her up earlier. I arrived in the city just before three. It was lovely to see Lucy again. It had seemed so long since I last saw her. I had really missed her, but I expected I would after such a lovely Easter Holiday. I was told Lucy was tired after the holiday and on the way back to the countryside she fell asleep.

By the time Lucy woke up I was parking at the supermarket and soon we were in the shop getting food for dinner and lunch tomorrow, plus a few extra odds and ends. Normally Lucy likes to sit in the trolly but today it was just too wet so she walked nicely round the store with me as we did the shopping. Soon we were done and heading home to be welcomed by George and his wagging tail. With Catherine out with friends and Emily going to a party those greetings had to wait, in Emily's case until the morning.

Lucy soon found her toys and started playing and telling her tales of her holiday along the way. Bit by bit. You could tell she was tired, and after a while she settled down in the computer to play on the Cbeebies website to exercise her mind rather than her body. As soon as Catherine came home, and got a hug from Lucy, I got on with cooking dinner. I wanted to make sure that Lucy got an early night so she would be nice and rested for the day to come.

As soon as dinner was over and Lucy listened to a couple of bedtime stories on the Cbeebies site she went off to bed. It wasn't long after her stories from Catherine and myself, and her kisses and cuddles, that she fell asleep. After Lucy was in bed Catherine did her own thing until her Emily arrived home. After telling us the tales of her party and popping into see Lucy both the older girls head off for bed.

It has been lovely to see Lucy again, like I said, it seemed longtime since I saw her last. It was a shame I didn't get any pictures of her or her sisters for the blog today but there really wasn't time today but that can wait until tomorrow. I just hope the day isn't a complete washout and we at least get out for a bit into the fresh air. 

1 comment:

Annie said...

Bet you were glad to see her.